Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, the fancy "north peninsula" folks! Bet you guys even have heated water and a dishwasher up there! Are you guys ocean-view or tucked into the forest? Ocean or bay side?

J

Long Beach, WA, facing south
Long Beach.JPG

[/QUOTE]

Hi LB.

No dishwasher than me. RV park called Westgate..sort of a dump but okay. ÂĽ mile walk through the scrub pines to get to the beach. Walked the beach for miles in each direction. Hard to find the outlet from the beach back to the RV park... Loved Jack's Country Store...the stocked almost everything you could imagine except for automobiles like Ranger. Fried oysters from Oysterville were wonderful. Only one place in Long Beach were I could restock the Kokanee beer. Little Market off the main drag.

Best.
Illawaco is a bayside fishing village, eh?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Beautiful pics! I grew up on the east coast (Maine) and am partial to that coastline o but I've been in the PacNW for 25 years now and love the geographical variety. I think you are going to find some pretty good "unofficial" shows on the 4th. Around here a few of the smaller communities (Banks, OR) are still planning on putting on a show. I guess they are going to be on private property and people are expected to maybe stay in their cars or stay 6 feet apart.

Dave

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So when are we doing a PNW Ranger meet?

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
So when are we doing a PNW Ranger meet?
I'd be up for something. Maybe after the pandemic dies down a bit?

On a PNW quirky side note, I found out that Florence Oregon recently made a park to commemorate something that happened there in 1970. Attaching the link below if anyone is interested and there is a video clip half way down the page (in the blasted blubber paragraph) of the news footage from 1970. I don't want to spoil too much but it makes me chuckle every time I see that footage. :D

https://www.livescience.com/exploding-whale-park-oregon.html

I think I'll take a road trip this summer just to say I've been there.

Ray Miller

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 , 2020 Indian Roadmaster Elite
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
I'm up for a Ranger meet.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Today we found out that 4th of July fireworks are not happening or allowed on the beach. While this is a huge bummer as it's a great event on the beach, it makes sense. Populations swell drastically down there as the only area nearby that allow(ed) fireworks.

Seven years ago I was down there for the 4th on a nice Saturday evening and it was magical. The official fireworks going off to the north at Long Beach approach, and the red-neck fireworks going off like a war zone to the south at the Seaside approach. Us tucked into a trench with small bon fire to keep warm, adult libations and flame to keep the wind and chill at bay. uninterrupted sights and sounds from north and south filling the air. Was hoping to re-create that magic this year for Kathleen (the better half of this account).

Oh, the fancy "north peninsula" folks! Bet you guys even have heated water and a dishwasher up there! Are you guys ocean-view or tucked into the forest? Ocean or bay side?

Jokes aside It's a wonderful little community all along the peninsula. Camp Hungry was built by the parents of my mentor back in 1898 and has been in the family since (i'm basically adopted into the family). Indoor plumbing added in the early 1980's, heated water added in the 90's and now it even has electric heat and a tv (both of which I voted against) since we rent it out through Vacasa.com when we're not using it.

They were hit hard, that's for sure! Not a lot of resources for pandemic down there. Heck, most of the tsunami evacuation routes require a 2 hour drive to get above 50' elevation. That will never work in real-world application if ever needed.

Some pictures from that trip

The cabin: Camp Hungry
Camp Hungry.JPG

Haystack rock in Canon Beach, OR
Cannon Beach Haystack 1..JPG

North Head lighthouse (where we scattered my mentor's ashes), Cape Disappointment, WA

Fun fact, the oil barge Millicoma was still grounded to the north of North Head lighthouse when this picture was taken.

Millicoma shipwreck
DSC00449.JPG

Long Beach, WA, facing south
Long Beach.JPG
Great pics!

tugger50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT RANGER SUPERCREW, 2002 F-350 7.3 POWERSTROKE DIESEL
My dad let me drive on Long Beach when I was 12. (1962). Every time we went down to see his aunt Rose I started bugging him to drive the beach. Love it there.

Michael

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4X4 XLT
It’d be fun to start or have something like a PNW Ranger Rally. So much room to run here!! And plenty of Rangers, even if they’re not all 2019’s.

Wonder if there’d be enough interest and/or Ranger enthusiasm. I mean, we Ranger drivers are kind of like Taco drivers... but humble. Oh, and we don’t feel the need to self-affirm (truck-affirm?) every other minute by telling someone we drive a Taco and how much better than all other trucks it is.
I’m down for this. I’m in the Tacoma/Spanaway area.

sn95joe84

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Rolling around Redmond, OR in my 19 Saber XLT... I LOVE this thing. I've had so many Fords over the years but this is my favorite vehicle ever.
A PNW meet would be cool! I still don't see many Rangers in Bend/RDM

clarue

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew
Occupation
Construction Project Manager
Issaquah/Sammamish, WA over here, one of several '19 Lightning Blue Supercrew XLT's running around the area. Would definitely be down for a meet but agree perhaps when things are a bit less....contagious?

Was actually out at Long Beach a couple weeks ago in an AirBNB, going back at the end of August. Driving out on the beach with the Ranger was fantastic, did it every day, and beat the hell out of hauling chairs and cooler and whatnot out on to the sand every day. Drive out and park, drop the gate and turn my kid and dog loose while the wife and I watched them play. Picked up traction plates before the trip in case i got stuck but it was never an issue.
Sponsored