Please let me know how battery life is when using Carlinkit 3.0.

GMTmin5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Does yours actually work? I had this for a while but returned it due to constant disconnecting issues.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Does yours actually work? I had this for a while but returned it due to constant disconnecting issues.
Got one for my wife's Jeep. It works very well but will occasionally disconnect, maybe once every two of three weeks. You can fix it by unplugging and plugging it back in. Even hard wired CarPlay will act up from time to time.

To the original poster, never heard my wife complain about battery life. I know with my Android phone I can stream movies to the TV for hours with the battery only going down a few percent. My wife does have a cord plugged into one of the charge only ports on the back of her console when she needs to charge the battery.

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I use this but I also added wireless charging at the same time so no concerns about battery. I have had no issues with disconnecting since I installed months ago.

GMTmin5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Maybe it's worth another shot. When I had it last year it was unusable so hopefully they made some updates.

I also have a wireless charging solution in the truck so never worried about the phone battery.

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Constant disconnects, music quality suffers, and lags behind is main reason I have stayed away from wireless CarPlay. Far less annoying to just plug it in and be done with it.

OP
OP
Isaura Cardenas

Isaura Cardenas

First Name
Cardenas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford GT
Occupation
singer
I placed an order last week, I think only if I try I could know the reality about it. I will update soon....

OP
OP
Isaura Cardenas

Isaura Cardenas

First Name
Cardenas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford GT
Occupation
singer
Constant disconnects, music quality suffers, and lags behind is main reason I have stayed away from wireless CarPlay. Far less annoying to just plug it in and be done with it.
I am a little upset now.
Sponsored