Picture request: white Coopers. And then what with the old ones?

jwoo

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 4x4
Occupation
Pilot
Hi All-
After looking at everything on this forum, I’m pretty set on the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S. However, in the stock size they only come with the raised white lettering. This would be a change from the black stock Bridgestones that are on there now. Does anybody have a picture of what that looks like?
I feel like flipping the tire with the white in would still be too visible under the truck on the opposite side.

Also, is there a market for used tires (4000 miles)? Try and sell them to a local shop or Craigslist? Anybody have any luck with that?

Thanks,
Jared
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Personally I like raised white letters but if you flip the tires over then pretty soon the inner sidewall will be dirty enough that you won't see them.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Funny, I’m having these tires put on today and I’m having the same dilemma. I think, generally, you won’t see the white turned in unless you specifically look for it. I’m leaning toward white out, but it will be a game time decision.

OP
OP
jwoo

jwoo

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 4x4
Occupation
Pilot
Funny, I’m having these tires put on today and I’m having the same dilemma. I think, generally, you won’t see the white turned in unless you specifically look for it. I’m leaning toward white out, but it will be a game time decision.
Whatever you decide, show me your result!

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I sold my bridgestones With about the same miles as yours for 100 bucks to a member here just to get rid of them. I like the white letters on the coopers.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Are you looking for Cooper tire with white lettering on the inside? Are you sure you wouldn't prefer it on the outside? ?

IMG_6645.JPG

Last edited:

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I flipped my General Grabbers so the white lettering was inside. You see it once in a while but no big deal to me. You can see it in my showcase pics. I had to look at them to see if they were visible, that’s how unnoticeable they are. You can also black the letters out - not sure of the product but I’ve heard about it.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I flipped my General Grabbers so the white lettering was inside. You see it once in a while but no big deal to me. You can see it in my showcase pics. I had to look at them to see if they were visible, that’s how unnoticeable they are. You can also black the letters out - not sure of the product but I’ve heard about it.
Yeah I agree with you, I would flip the grabbers too since they have a pretty aggressive sidewall. The Coopers have a more plain sidewall, so i think the letters out may look better on that tire.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Are you looking for Cooper tire with white lettering on the inside? Are you sure you wouldn't prefer it on the outside? ?

IMG_6645.JPG
You know what I think about your Ranger Sid, one of my favorites. I just bought a set of KO2 take offs for my Jeep, and was having the same delima as Jared. White in, or out. Seeing this picture, hell I'm gonna put the white out. Everything old is new again. :)

@jwoo Jared, either way you go it will look nice. And yes, you can put them on Craigslist, or Facebook Markerplace. Personally I've had better luck with Facebook. And, that's where I found the KO2's for my Jeep.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
You can always scuff them with 120 grit and a palm sander if you flip them inside… you’ll never see the white.
Personally I like the raised white letters on my BFG’s with my Platinum White paint
E89275D5-F7C4-49C9-A938-6328E6BCFE08.jpeg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You know what I think about your Ranger Sid, one of my favorites. I just bought a set of KO2 take offs for my Jeep, and was having the same delima as Jared. White in, or out. Seeing this picture, hell I'm gonna put the white out. Everything old is new again. :)

@jwoo Jared, either way you go it will look nice. And yes, you can put them on Craigslist, or Facebook Markerplace. Personally I've had better luck with Facebook. And, that's where I found the KO2's for my Jeep.
Love old school...that's pretty much all of us here over 60 lol...it really looks cool when spinning...

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I agree with you, I would flip the grabbers too since they have a pretty aggressive sidewall. The Coopers have a more plain sidewall, so i think the letters out may look better on that tire.
You think Cooper sidewalls are plain? o_O
IMG_7389.JPG