First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
thats what it boils down to, out of everyone I know and talk to daily 4 of my friends have iphones and you can tell, its almost useless, and I have come to the point I dont even answer when they call, no background noise means they probably dropped the call, or I have to keep telling them I cant hear it all sounds digital, or only catching every 5th word, it just goes on and on
I got rid of apple back in the iphone 6 days and I have never been happier, they lost me for good, like you couldnt give me one!
So glad I grew-up before Apple indoctrinated all our kids by giving them to grade schools. Never went down that rabbit hole. Learned on the original IBM PC-1 and AT. DOS to windows, because that is what my chosen industry used and still does. Probably saved myself a ton of money and time not standing in line at the Apple store, everytime a new model came out.
Sponsored

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
thats what it boils down to, out of everyone I know and talk to daily 4 of my friends have iphones and you can tell, its almost useless, and I have come to the point I dont even answer when they call, no background noise means they probably dropped the call, or I have to keep telling them I cant hear it all sounds digital, or only catching every 5th word, it just goes on and on
I got rid of apple back in the iphone 6 days and I have never been happier, they lost me for good, like you couldnt give me one!
IPhones are notorious for have poor antennaes and poor switching technology...and that goes for Samsung as well. Switching takes place during hand-offs between towers or wifi areas. That's where the dropped calls happen.

If you get a chance, try a Pixel. I've had a 2A and a 5A now and they have worked great.

Egg69

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Systems Analyst for Bonsall Unified School District
Update....calls work perfectly if I unplug from CarPlay.
Yeah, I have this same issue. People seem to think it's a connectivity issue, but it really isn't. I'll be talking to my wife sometimes and she'll say she can barely hear me. Usually I'll switch it to speaker on my phone and she'll say she can hear me much better. I'll try unplugging and going with Bluetooth next time. Sucks tho- shouldn't have to. At first I thought wow is the mic (or mics) lower quality than the phone?!?

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Yeah, I have this same issue. People seem to think it's a connectivity issue, but it really isn't. I'll be talking to my wife sometimes and she'll say she can barely hear me. Usually I'll switch it to speaker on my phone and she'll say she can hear me much better. I'll try unplugging and going with Bluetooth next time. Sucks tho- shouldn't have to. At first I thought wow is the mic (or mics) lower quality than the phone?!?
we are pretty sure at this point its not a mic quality issue, or bluetooth, those of us running android dont have those issues, from the first call I made on my truck 6 months ago, not one person has said I had low quality audio, I dont like where they put the mic. and if my window is down in the city the other party can hear wind noise

Egg69

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Systems Analyst for Bonsall Unified School District
we are pretty sure at this point its not a mic quality issue, or bluetooth, those of us running android dont have those issues, from the first call I made on my truck 6 months ago, not one person has said I had low quality audio, I dont like where they put the mic. and if my window is down in the city the other party can hear wind noise

Yup, I agree :)

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
Update....calls work perfectly if I unplug from CarPlay.
Have you tried to make a call with another phone? If an android phone still makes quiet calls, the problem could be with the truck. If the call is fine, your phone is probably the issue.

OP
OP
AzureRanger

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Have you tried to make a call with another phone? If an android phone still makes quiet calls, the problem could be with the truck. If the call is fine, your phone is probably the issue.
No...only iPhones in our family.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase