First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Hi folks....whenever I call someone from my '23 XLT, they can barely hear me. I can hear them just fine. I have the phone volume all the way up and the radio sound level all the way to the max (30). And I have the phone audio set to Sync. Is there any sort of sensitivity setting for the microphone? Anyone else having this issue? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzureRanger

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Sorry, should have searched first. Found that this is a common problem.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I have had 5 vehicles with Sync and know one has ever complained that they can't hear me.

Also, if you are not aware, the phone volume in Sync has to be adjusted when on a call, the radio volume has to be adjusted when the radio is playing, the Sync volume has to be adjusted when Sync is talking, etc.

OP
OP
AzureRanger

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
I have had 5 vehicles with Sync and know one has ever complained that they can't hear me.

Also, if you are not aware, the phone volume in Sync has to be adjusted when on a call, the radio volume has to be adjusted when the radio is playing, the Sync volume has to be adjusted when Sync is talking, etc.
Phone volume and radio volume set to max....still have to shout at the top of my lungs for anyone to hear me.

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
My wife's ranger ('21 Lariat) is the same way. Very annoying. Curious if anyone knows how to fix it.

My '21 has no issues with that.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Go to your phone’s Settings and set your keyboard on caps lock. :wink:

Sorry, couldn’t resist. 😜

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Easy solution - just text or email them while driving....

J/K please don't do dumb shit I suggest...

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Devil's Advocate here.........
Don't Phone, Call, Text, Google, Take Pictures, or Play With Yourself while driving.....they all take your attention from what your supposed to be doing...
PAYING ATTENTION TO YOUR DRIVING !!!!!
Since I also live in Virginia, I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't do any of the above, cause I might be somewhere around where your doing that stupid sh-t !!!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
One other thing that might be the problem is have your Apple or Android device set to allow to connect with Sync while locked. But it should work in Bluetooth as well. If you have an iPhone 14 or older, be sure the cord you're using is MIC certified. Lastly, reboot and re-pair.
Phone:
  • Settings> Bluetooth> Ford Ranger> Forget Device
  • Hard Reboot the phone, re-pair to Sync 3 Bluetooth
  • Set which phone is the primary phone, and that Syncs' Bluetooth is connected to the phone making the call
  • During a call make sure that the phone is not on its own speaker.
Sync 3 Reboot:
  • Turn off Ignition, get out of the truck and lock it.
  • Wait a minute while everything shuts down; Sync screen goes blank, USB ports aren't lit.
  • Unlock it and turn the ignition to Acc. (1st detent) or On (2nd detent) or start the truck.
  • Be sure you phone is set to allow CarPlay when locked
  • Plug the phone in to either USB port it should show up on the bottom of the home screen
  • You can adjust the volume of the voice command while it is "talking" and the call volume using the trucks volume.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I use a $30 bluetooth earpiece. I prefer to keep my conversations private. I don't think people realize that when talking over car bluetooth, everyone outside of the car can hear the conversation.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I use a $30 bluetooth earpiece. I prefer to keep my conversations private. I don't think people realize that when talking over car bluetooth, everyone outside of the car can hear the conversation.
10-4 I used a Plantronics (Now part of Blue Parrot) when I drove semi. it was very convenient to continue a conversation when exiting the truck to open trailer doors, etc. Toward the end of my career, we'd use FaceTime to shoot live videos of mechanical defects so the shop could more accurately respond to a repair. The earpieces also cancel out background noise better. At first my wife was suspicious of me when I told her I was driving on a freeway, because there was no wind or truck noise during a call.
These days i'm seldom on a call while driving, and the Sync3 is just fine. I presume the traffic around me is too busy listening to their own infotainment to horn in on me.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Ahh, an IPhone problem. Calls work fine on Android.
thats what it boils down to, out of everyone I know and talk to daily 4 of my friends have iphones and you can tell, its almost useless, and I have come to the point I dont even answer when they call, no background noise means they probably dropped the call, or I have to keep telling them I cant hear it all sounds digital, or only catching every 5th word, it just goes on and on
I got rid of apple back in the iphone 6 days and I have never been happier, they lost me for good, like you couldnt give me one!
Sponsored