First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Software Developer
Just picked up a new 2019 Ranger Lariat with the B&O sound system and every time I am on a call there is a lot of interference noise, sounding a bit like a fax machines. I've been able to reproduce with a Pixel 3XL, LG, and Iphone. Took it to the dealership and after a having the truck for 2 weeks, was told that this is just a vehicle "characteristic" after they reproduced with a few other Rangers the lot. The dealership did tear the dashboard apart and replace the head unit and a few modules. This noise is only phone calls, streaming spotify, youtube, sirius, am/fm, notifications etc are fine. Doesn't seem to change whether the engine is running or the vehicle is moving. I have noticed that while I can listen to music around 5-10, the phone calls have to be around 20 to hear them. I've tried turning the absolute volume on and off on the android with no difference.

Has anyone else experienced this noise?
Sponsored

Kylor Roberts

First Name
Kylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Yeah, mine does this too, sort of a clicking interference noise. Its only when on phone calls and seems to be strangely only as I pass the 5mph mark (either accelerating or decelerating) for some reason. Figured it was just my phone though, I haven’t tried any other ones.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Check the Sync version your trucks have and check for updates.