Audio/Radio issue 2019 Lariat "Audio Off" and Radio options disappearing.

David Stalvey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I remote started my truck this morning and when I got in, I pressed the button to drive and the Radio keeps looping into Audio Off. I have done a master reset both in the options and via the button combination with the same results. The odd thing is that the radio options keeps disappearing and reappearing.

"Audio Off" and Radio options disappearing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
David Stalvey

David Stalvey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I have solved the issue. I unplugged the negative terminal of the battery for about 20 minutes and after reconnecting, the radio came on without issue.

Nipperchipper

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Occupation
Retired
I remote started my truck this morning and when I got in, I pressed the button to drive and the Radio keeps looping into Audio Off. I have done a master reset both in the options and via the button combination with the same results. The odd thing is that the radio options keeps disappearing and reappearing.

"Audio Off" and Radio options disappearing.
I have same issue. Unplugging data line to amp and plugging back in cures it as well but in my case a day to a month fix. Occurs on non remote start as well. Lookin for a permanent cure

Attachments

Trevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
I have same issue. Unplugging data line to amp and plugging back in cures it as well but in my case a day to a month fix. Occurs on non remote start as well. Lookin for a permanent cure
Where is the "data line to amp"? I just had this issue happen to me today and couldnt find anything on the internet except this two post thread.

Nipperchipper

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Occupation
Retired
Where is the "data line to amp"? I just had this issue happen to me today and couldnt find anything on the internet except this two post thread.
The amp is located behind the back seat on the driver side. With the truck off unclip the small plug at the top that has the six wires attached to it Plug it back in again. start truck.

2.jpg

Trevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
The amp is located behind the back seat on the driver side. With the truck off unclip the small plug at the top that has the six wires attached to it Plug it back in again. start truck.

2.jpg
Thank you!!

has this been a permanent fix for you? The issue happened for the first time yesterday in the year I’ve Had the ranger.

Nipperchipper

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Occupation
Retired
Thank you!!

has this been a permanent fix for you? The issue happened for the first time yesterday in the year I’ve Had the ranger.
No unfortunately it is not permanent it’s just quick and easy. This has been going on for a year.
Dealer has replaced the amp
Replaced the wire harness to amp
Reinstalled software 2-3 times
Replaced the ACM audio control module
Done multiple diagnostic tests
Replaced the amp again last month
The problem has shown up for me twice in one day. Weekly bi weekly monthly or may take a couple months to show up. Dealer is at a loss. And Ford does not have an answer. Seems to show up In hotter weather I’m in Canada.
Frustrating for myself and dealer

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Mine just started this. Going to dealer if I can't fix it.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if it's after a sync update issue?

Nipperchipper

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Occupation
Retired
Wonder if it's after a sync update issue?
I don’t believe so. When it first occurred it had the original sync software. After dealer replaced amp I upgraded the software and the dealer redid the sync software on two occasions with the same fault returning afterwards

humanprimate

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Science teacher
I just dropped my 2019 lariat off at the dealer with the same issues. They are replacing the audio control module. ? I also lost GPS and voice commands.
Sponsored