Truck won't start and radio dead. New Ranger 2021 Lariat 4x4 501a package.

OP
OP
chrshale

chrshale

First Name
Christin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Ducati tech, Carpenter, OTR flatbed
Hope you get this fix. The brake pedal shouldn't go to floor like that.. might be an issue with that. I have the same 2021 Lariat 4x4 501a truck and no issue with it (KNOCK WOOD), got around 1400 miles on it now.
That's what I like to hear.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chrshale

chrshale

First Name
Christin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Turns out there is a new TSB for my SiriusXM problem. They performed the required procedures and the radio now works. Hope it's permanent, but the existence of a TSB for this problem should mean they identified the actual cause. I'll post more about the TSB when I have a chance to see it. Progress!!!

OP
OP
chrshale

chrshale

First Name
Christin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
It's the loaner I've been in for the last six days. The new Ranger was delivered 8/16.
Sorry I wasn't clear. The EcoBox is an Ecosport. Handles well, but it's only got two chipmunks under the hood.

OP
OP
chrshale

chrshale

First Name
Christin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Mavericks are built at Hermosillo Stamping and Assembly, Sonora, Mexico. Perhaps you or the gm meant Broncos, which are built at the same plant as Rangers; Michigan Assembly in Wayne, MI.
Your gm or Dealer Principal may have an allocation problem or some other problem, or maybe decided not to order any more 2021s. Dealers have until September 23 for Ranger retail orders, Fleet ended June 25th. Job one for the 2022 Rangers is slated for December 13, so the first ones will probably arrive at dealerships around Christmas or later. Long time if you don't have any 21s that are selling at around 9100 per month nationally. Keep working with them, and the zone rep.
Anecdote: I was selling at a Ford store in 1985, and was "spooned" a deal by the Dealer Principal (owner): a prominent, long time fleet buyer who wanted a Crown Victoria for his wife. I did all the grunt work and the order was submitted. Around 10-11 weeks later the car came in, but the two tone was wrong; they wanted light silver upper with dark silver below the belt line, and the car was vice versa. Customer was not at all happy. The DP was not happy, I was scared, and three zone guys came out for a chat, and ten days later, a correct Crown Vic was delivered to the store. So things can be made to happen.

edit: We were posting at the same time so I didn't see your statement about Initial Maverick production being shared by HSA and MAP. I have never heard or read that, and find odd, because the Maverick is derived from the Escape/Bronco Sport C2 Compact Unibody platform, while the Ranger & Bronco share variations of the body-on-frame T6 architecture. They share very little with the Mav other than the Blue Oval. Kansas City maybe, that's where the Escape is made.
Had a good conversation with the gm today. My comments about Ranger availability and Maverick production actually came from the dealer sales manager, not the gm. My Bad. You are correct. Order banks for 2021 dealer stock are still open. He said the difficulties for Ford dealers (and other makes, Ford's not alone I think) are that the delivery info they get every Monday changes every week because of continuing parts shortages. He has 7 more 2021's ordered but has a build date for only one of them. The others keep getting pushed back. He also said they've been told that FoMoCo will devote additional resources for increased Ranger production, but he has yet to see any evidence of that. In other news, service received a new TSB for my SiriusXM issue and performed the required procedures. The radio is working again. Let's hope it's a permanent fix. Progress!

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JAP7388/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can only help with the smoke smell.... The above device works great for taking the smell out of a vehicle. I am a cigar smoker, and I smoke in my garage all the time. I run it for about 3 hours and you wouldn't be able to tell I smoke in my garage. Car rental places use these to rid the car of the smell too. I know you'd have to spend your money, but it's worth the cost.

OP
OP
chrshale

chrshale

First Name
Christin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JAP7388/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can only help with the smoke smell.... The above device works great for taking the smell out of a vehicle. I am a cigar smoker, and I smoke in my garage all the time. I run it for about 3 hours and you wouldn't be able to tell I smoke in my garage. Car rental places use these to rid the car of the smell too. I know you'd have to spend your money, but it's worth the cost.
I ordered that exact one yesterday. Lol. Thanks!

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Turns out there is a new TSB for my SiriusXM problem. They performed the required procedures and the radio now works. Hope it's permanent, but the existence of a TSB for this problem should mean they identified the actual cause. I'll post more about the TSB when I have a chance to see it. Progress!!!
There've been multiple recent updates to the Sync 3 system. Some of them were rather buggy especially with SiriusXM connectivity and depending on what version your was flashed at from the factory could explain why the sat radio was acting up.

OP
OP
chrshale

chrshale

First Name
Christin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
There've been multiple recent updates to the Sync 3 system. Some of them were rather buggy especially with SiriusXM connectivity and depending on what version your was flashed at from the factory could explain why the sat radio was acting up.
The SYNC 3 updated at home the night it was delivered. I don't know what was in the Service Bulletin yet, but I'll find out.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
The SYNC 3 updated at home the night it was delivered. I don't know what was in the Service Bulletin yet, but I'll find out.
If I remember correctly the TSB is just resetting the Sync system and flashing it to a known stable build.

Oftentimes the Sync system won't necessarily update to the latest build available for every one. Some may update to a version that is slightly older than the current one or it will state no update is available despite a much newer version being available. Mine did the latter, even after I found it to be 4 versions behind at 19101 and the current one was 20196. Ultimately I said screw it and used the Cyanlabs Sync Updater Tool to force it to the current build, as well as performing the 2.20 NA map update that it also refused to take when that was released.

Another thing to note is that there are numerous reports from multiple Ford related forums about Sirius bugs introduced similar to yours beginning with v21020 and continuing with v21098. It is likely that yours may have updated to one of these and that was the cause of your Sirius issues. Good thing is it appears to be resolved in v21194 for those who use Sirius radio. When you get a chance you might check to see what version yours is on.

OP
OP
chrshale

chrshale

First Name
Christin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
If I remember correctly the TSB is just resetting the Sync system and flashing it to a known stable build.

Oftentimes the Sync system won't necessarily update to the latest build available for every one. Some may update to a version that is slightly older than the current one or it will state no update is available despite a much newer version being available. Mine did the latter, even after I found it to be 4 versions behind at 19101 and the current one was 20196. Ultimately I said screw it and used the Cyanlabs Sync Updater Tool to force it to the current build, as well as performing the 2.20 NA map update that it also refused to take when that was released.

Another thing to note is that there are numerous reports from multiple Ford related forums about Sirius bugs introduced similar to yours beginning with v21020 and continuing with v21098. It is likely that yours may have updated to one of these and that was the cause of your Sirius issues. Good thing is it appears to be resolved in v21194 for those who use Sirius radio. When you get a chance you might check to see what version yours is on.
I will if it returns to my garage! I'll also look into Cyanlabs. Thanks!

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Bla Bla Bla Wha Wha Bla Bla Bla Wha Wha Wha.
I've started a consumer complaint case with FoMoCo. I don't want this truck.
200.gif

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase

How tricky was the cyanlabs process?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
How tricky was the cyanlabs process?
It's not overly complicated, but there is a fairly high pucker factor the first time you go to do it. Overall it can be a little time consuming as it can take up to 30+ minutes to update the truck once the USB is installed. So you would need to stay with it and fiddle with stuff to keep the battery saver from activating while it's updating. The latest versions of the software are much easier to setup and use, as well as give the appropriate warnings to avoid bricking the system. Just be sure to review the tutorials and all that first.
Sponsored