Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
1. Not being able to shut off completely the auto start/stop
There are several methods available to disable this feature permanently.

3. Having to make suspension adjustments to level my brand new truck
Ford engineers designed this ride altitude for a reason, what would it be like if you had a heavy load in the bed or a near the limit trailer tongue weight attached to the truck without the suspension adjustments you speak of?
All the other "pet peeves" are (IMO) matters of personal preference, especially the shape of the t/signal-w/shield wiper control stalks, not to mention the bedliner being distorted when a tie-down load is attached to the factory provided tie-downs.
Sponsored

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
If we have to give up Manspreading, then it must be replace with Womanspreading:devil:
Did you know that Elvis invented manspreading?
elvis-invented-manspreading-imgflip-com-elvis-makes-everything-cool-imgflip-54379865.png

There is a medical reason why we have to manspread. It's a biological necessity.
c84.png

I would be willing to pay for 2 seats to maintain this right. Besides, the bigger problem is not manspreading, it's shebagging.
remember-anti-manspreading-chair-this-looks-more-comfortable-but-quite-alike-a-toilet_o_7279091.jpg

:rockon::LOL:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
elvis-invented-manspreading-imgflip-com-elvis-makes-everything-cool-imgflip-54379865.png

There is a medical reason why we have to manspread. It's a biological necessity.
c84.png

I would be willing to pay for 2 seats to maintain this right. Besides, the bigger problem is not manspreading, it's shebagging.
remember-anti-manspreading-chair-this-looks-more-comfortable-but-quite-alike-a-toilet_o_7279091.jpg

:LOL::LOL::LOL::like:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
While I have only had my truck for a few weeks, a few things come to mind:
1. Not being able to shut off completely the auto start/stop
2. Position of window controls
3. Having to make suspension adjustments to level my brand new truck
4. No stake holes in bed
5. Position of tie downs in bed. In my old ranger they were in the corners and they were pretty handy in those positions.
6. The covers over the tie downs in the drop in bed liner. The bedliner looks like it will get in the way, and become distorted if something large is tied down
7. The shape of the turn signal and windshield wipers. Would much prefer straight levers. I always reach for the position where they were in my old truck with straight levers.
Agree, no stake holes and tie down positions....useless..
Regards

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

c84.png

Please forward the "Manspreading" article to Toyota's seat designers, in particular, those responsible with Tacoma design...

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
You buy the top of the line Lariat super cab with all options and you dont get HD radio or B&O system yet the package is the same price as for the crew cab and you get these ! Come on Ford

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You buy the top of the line Lariat super cab with all options and you dont get HD radio or B&O system yet the package is the same price as for the crew cab and you get these ! Come on Ford
I agree Ford should of least given S/Cab Lariat buyers a break on the price of the package, they are probably banking that most buyers won't even notice.

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Had the truck for 3 weeks now and my top 'peeves' are start/stop, remote fob range is crappy and very inconsistent even with new batteries, brakes are softer than expected for a new vehicle, heat/AC buttons are so non de-script and flat I have to focus on which button im pushing.... and wish it was a 5 speed stick shift with no center console but a bench seat :lipssealed:

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I'm going to bitch about the ventilation again.
Fan/heat/dual in full blast on top vents works, plenty of heat and air, add the lower vents (which you can hardly feel anyway) and you can barely feel the fan pressure. Top vents have full blast, lower vents definitely does not have the same fan pressure as the top vents.
Does the same in Auto.

One more complaint when I take it in for my beating and my next call to CS.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Had the truck for 3 weeks now and my top 'peeves' are start/stop, remote fob range is crappy and very inconsistent even with new batteries, brakes are softer than expected for a new vehicle, heat/AC buttons are so non de-script and flat I have to focus on which button im pushing.... and wish it was a 5 speed stick shift with no center console but a bench seat :lipssealed:
I disabled "ASS" (auto start/stop) yesterday via FORScan, that bloody system really irritated me, I've owned the truck for less than a week so far.
The operating range on my Lariat's enormous key fobs seem to be OK, ditto for the brake system "feel", the pedal response is actually quite linear compared to my '00 Ranger S/Cab and almost exactly the same as my beater '02 Honda CR-V.
Can't really comment on the HVAC controls, I just "set it and forget it", nor your wish for a 5 speed manual and bench seat.
The days of depressing a clutch pedal and rowing a gear selector lever are long gone, I did that for 12 years piloting some huge and bright yellow fire trucks....until HFD wised up and went with automatics.

Reactions: Doc

Deleted member 1634

There are multiple ways to disable the Auto Start/Stop. A quick search of this forum will show many many options. I personally like it, but to each his own.

The HVAC controls are tough to deal with at first, but I've gotten pretty good at using them now that I've had the truck for 7 months. It's just one of those things that is different and takes time to get used to.

The stick option would've been nice. Not sure if I would have chosen it (all my previous vehicles were stick) given how nice the 10-speed auto is, but the option would've been nice for people like you who would've bought it. Probably wouldn't have made financial sense for Ford though.

orangegrower

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Shelby GT350 - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I'm going to bitch about the ventilation again.
Fan/heat/dual in full blast on top vents works, plenty of heat and air, add the lower vents (which you can hardly feel anyway) and you can barely feel the fan pressure. Top vents have full blast, lower vents definitely does not have the same fan pressure as the top vents.
Does the same in Auto.
I am all in on this one. I guess auto does not mean auto with this truck. I have to continually make adjustments for my comfort.

Also my Home Link is CRAP!! CRAP!! CRAP!! Intermittent at best. Some days sitting 12" from my door it still will not go up. I have given up and now carry a remote in the truck. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I am all in on this one. I guess auto does not mean auto with this truck. I have to continually make adjustments for my comfort.

Also my Home Link is CRAP!! CRAP!! CRAP!! Intermittent at best. Some days sitting 12" from my door it still will not go up. I have given up and now carry a remote in the truck. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My HomeLink is the same. I can use my garage remote 3/4 down the street and most of the time with the HomeLink it won't open until I'm right in front of my house.

orangegrower

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Shelby GT350 - 2019 Ranger Lariat
My HomeLink is the same. I can use my garage remote 3/4 down the street and most of the time with the HomeLink it won't open until I'm right in front of my house.
Maybe it is just Arizona but I have 3 other home link cars in the same garage and I have zero problems with them and one is another Ford.

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
Before moving to WY I lived in Coronado, CA (part of San Diego) for 35 years. Aircraft carriers are based at North Island Naval Air Station, about a mile from my home. Coronado is also directly across from 32nd Street, the world's largest Naval Base. Ships are suppose to have their radars in "standby" for testing prior to going to sea, or after maintenance. Sometimes the techs "forget" and when they do my homelink wouldn't work at all, even right in front of the garage. Radars, whether ground or air based, can and do affect homelink operation. Other radar emissions, depending upon your location, may affect homelinks operation.
Sponsored