Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Update installed:
Roush CAI
AFE catted downpipe
Livernois 91-93 performance tuned for additions

Cold start, not much of a change in sound with stock exhaust. No need to feel guilty around neighbors

Driving around town, have to be gentle with pedal. Hard to resist the urge all the time to have fun. Fuel economy way better than stock. 11.5 liters per 100kms(20mpg?) If I drive gently.

Highway, 110kms per hour. Gentle grades for hills in eastern and northern Ontario, 8.2 liters per 100 kms (sidenote, I have an mx4 tonneau).

Acceleration and passing power is insane. No drone on the highway, still sounds stock around town. Overall, very happy balance for me. Although now for giggles I am contemplating the stage 3 turbo from CRP Enginnering haha. After that, I will be done.............
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Update installed:
Roush CAI
AFE catted downpipe
Livernois 91-93 performance tuned for additions

Cold start, not much of a change in sound with stock exhaust. No need to feel guilty around neighbors

Driving around town, have to be gentle with pedal. Hard to resist the urge all the time to have fun. Fuel economy way better than stock. 11.5 liters per 100kms(20mpg?) If I drive gently.

Highway, 110kms per hour. Gentle grades for hills in eastern and northern Ontario, 8.2 liters per 100 kms (sidenote, I have an mx4 tonneau).

Acceleration and passing power is insane. No drone on the highway, still sounds stock around town. Overall, very happy balance for me. Although now for giggles I am contemplating the stage 3 turbo from CRP Enginnering haha. After that, I will be done.............
8.2 liters per 100 kms = 28.68 MPG... that's impressive. Was that just a snapshot mpg on the computer or an actual hand calculation based on a fill up after a long drive?

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
8.2 liters per 100 kms = 28.68 MPG... that's impressive. Was that just a snapshot mpg on the computer or an actual hand calculation based on a fill up after a long drive?
No kidding......at nearly 29mpg, I'd consider reversing my "I'm done changing things" attitude! haha

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
No kidding......at nearly 29mpg, I'd consider reversing my "I'm done changing things" attitude! haha
I've noticed on the forum, members (including me) change their "done changing things" attitudes pretty frequently....

OP
OP
MVRanger

MVRanger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Was a visual off the display. Will do a hand calc on the next trip.

And I, like everyone always try to convince myself that the 'mod' end is in sight haha, and then someone posts a new cool idea. I am going to have to find a second job to keep up haha

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Was a visual off the display. Will do a hand calc on the next trip.

And I, like everyone always try to convince myself that the 'mod' end is in sight haha, and then someone posts a new cool idea. I am going to have to find a second job to keep up haha
What I've learned:

If it's real time mpg on the display, just cruising down the highway, that's pretty much meaningless If you recently got fuel.

If it's the accumulative average, like when you're getting gas, that's pretty much accurate.. +/- 1.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

Quote from a Conan movie sums it up: “What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance! …I salute you.”

OP
OP
MVRanger

MVRanger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
So a quick update. Have had the current set up for a couple of months now. Loving the fuel economy and passing power on the highway. I have gotten used to applying quite a bit less pedal driving around town.

Funny story from yesterday. A street sweeper was ahead of me. I noticed all the vehicles in front of me passing as gaps in oncoming traffic would allow. My turn came up, i seen my chance. I applied a quick tap on the pedal. Next thing I knew my truck launches ahead and tires are chirping, my wife is sceaming at me asking what the hell I am doing haha. I quickly let off the throttle and had to apply a lot of brake to slow down. Amazing how much pep the truck has. Will have to keep my thottle input in check a bit more lol.

To date: livernois 91-93 performance tune, catted downpipe and roush CAI

Dayam!!!!
Sponsored