Ford Performance

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I don’t have a video. It is t too hard. The bolts to the turbo are just hard to get at. Other than that, it is pretty easy. Just bolts on two sides and a sensor.
Rah. ima give this the ole college try thank you
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Take the mud shield thing inside the right wheel well. That will give you access to at least one of the bolts, maybe two. I can’t remember. I think there are 8 plastic fasteners holding it in. If you don’t know what I mean, let me know. I can take a picture. But it is the same thing that you take off on the left to get at the oil filter. You can do it. If you have an impact, that might help. If you use PB Blaster, it might help break the bolts but it might smoke just a bit when you are done and fire it up.
This is why you get paid the big bucks lol. I really appreciate the advice. It's the first few steps that concerns me since I'm not 100% sure what and where those components are haha. I'll figure it out once I get put the truck on the lift and start working

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Take the mud shield thing inside the right wheel well. That will give you access to at least one of the bolts, maybe two. I can’t remember. I think there are 8 plastic fasteners holding it in. If you don’t know what I mean, let me know. I can take a picture. But it is the same thing that you take off on the left to get at the oil filter. You can do it. If you have an impact, that might help. If you use PB Blaster, it might help break the bolts but it might smoke just a bit when you are done and fire it up.
DevilDog1775 Hope you're doing well. Sorry to bother you out the blue however if you have time I have a quick question on the afe downpipe install. Did you follow the instructions because by the looks of it they want you to take the intake, charge pipe off. Is that vital or is that to give you more space at the engine bay? Thanks for the input again and hope you have a good day.

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I don’t think I followed the directions. But you can take all that out pretty easily and get it all back it. More room is always nice.
Aight sounds good thank you. downpipes finally here and just have some preinstall jitters lol. Appreciate you

Alkinburgh77

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Service Advisor
I'm a geezer too,and my dad started me wrenching when I was 4 years old,and I never stopped until 06. I'm not able to do even oil changes anymore,so I have to pay someone to do it. Same same with the exhaust,but it was the best 60 bux I ever spent.And get this,my WIFE loves it !!! Go figure...
I have an appointment to remove muffler AND resonator ?? hope it's the right choice
Sponsored

• Love