First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
My Lariat has a Passive Entry system. This system allows me to lock the truck by simply touching the indentation on any of the four door handles. To unlock, just touch the back of any of the handles. My system has stopped working. It started by only operating on the drivers door. Now it has progressed to not working at all. In order to lock or unlock, I have to use the remote. The battery in the remote is great, this anomaly works with the second remote.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My Lariat has a Passive Entry system. This system allows me to lock the truck by simply touching the indentation on any of the four door handles. To unlock, just touch the back of any of the handles. My system has stopped working. It started by only operating on the drivers door. Now it has progressed to not working at all. In order to lock or unlock, I have to use the remote. The battery in the remote is great, this anomaly works with the second remote.
I'm not quite clear on your last sentence. Are you saying it works fine if you use the second remote? Or are you saying it does the same thing with the second remote? If the former, it must be a fob problem - if the latter, I'd say it needs to go in to get checked.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I would take it to the dealership. There was TSB when I had my Focus Titanium that moisture could get insid the handle and cause it to work intermittently. The fix was to pull the door handle, clean the electronics and coat with wax(maybe it was teflon spray). Also trying cleaning the door handles themselves

gttafoya

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Electronics Technician
I noticed that some things near the fob, such as a phone and sometimes my wallet w/ magnetic money holder, will block the signal and not allow the touch the handle to lock/unlock to work.

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
That happened to me a couple of weeks ago.
Only the driver's door worked.
I don't drive it much, due to the plague and all, so I thought maybe the battery was low?
I charged up the trucks battery overnight with my Ford Maintenance Charger.
Been fine since.
I don't know if that really fixed anything, or it was coincidence.

Just putting it out there.

OP
OP
Robert Scott

Robert Scott

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Too clarify, RedlandRanger, the problem exists with either FOB.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Too clarify, RedlandRanger, the problem exists with either FOB.
Yeah, something sounds goofy there. I'd schedule a visit with your dealer. Not sure what it would be - mine have worked perfectly. One of the features I LOVE. I hardly ever take the keys out of my pocket. About the only time is when I have to unlock the tailgate - it would be GREAT if the tailgate had a finger sensor on it to unlock it as well.

If you get it figured out/fixed please post what the issue was. I don't think I've heard of anyone having this problem.

OP
OP
Robert Scott

Robert Scott

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, RedlandRange it would have been nice if Ford included this technology on the tail gate handle. But it is not a long walk to push the button on a rear door, keep the FOB in your pocket.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just for the heck of it maybe try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes. It seems to reset other things who knows it might work for this too? Doesn't hurt to try though. ?‍♂

OP
OP
Robert Scott

Robert Scott

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HEY AzScorpion NEXT TIME I GET TO AZ, I WILL BUY YOU A COCTAIL! I
I did as you suggested, it worked. I cycled it twice no problem. Lets see what the future holds. Thanks again AzScorpion. Happy and safe Thanksgiving to ALL.
Bob

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
HEY AzScorpion NEXT TIME I GET TO AZ, I WILL BUY YOU A COCTAIL! I
I did as you suggested, it worked. I cycled it twice no problem. Lets see what the future holds. Thanks again AzScorpion. Happy and safe Thanksgiving to ALL.
Bob
Awesome! Glad it worked out for you Bob. I just remember reading others had problems with glitches and that solved their problem. Happy Thanksgiving!

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
- it would be GREAT if the tailgate had a finger sensor on it to unlock it as well. [/QUOTE said:
I am assuming you DO know that locking/unlocking the doors will also lock/unlock the tailgate.
Was your comment only to wish for the touch capability at the tailgate so you don't have to walk to a door to touch a handle to unlock the tailgate?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! Glad it worked out for you Bob. I just remember reading others had problems with glitches and that solved their problem. Happy Thanksgiving!

I guess the "Microsoft fix" (rebooting) works for vehicles as well.... :LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I guess the "Microsoft fix" (rebooting) works for vehicles as well.... :LOL:
When in doubt...Reboot. ?

I think someone had a problem with their drivers window not being able to "one touch" and that was their solution. With so many computers onboard they're bound to glitchy now and then.
Sponsored