Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
You must have had the transfer cases in low gear if all they would do was 25 MPH. The 800 and 900 series 5 tons were generally governed at 55 MPH with the transfer in high gear stateside and governed at 62MPH overseas.

I had to drive the HEMTT wrecker at times and hated it. Having the front seat in front of the wheels made for an extremely bouncy ride. I'd rather drive a 5 ton wrecker or the M88 tracked recovery vehicle.

To stay on subject. The first thing my son said when he got into my truck yesterday was "oh you have a taco holder" when he saw the sunglass holder
Most of the trucks hadn't been driven for several years and had many, many issues... The least of which was 25 mph lol

OH, and for topical commentary - I prefer my tacos soft and chicken.

EDIT: Also, as a redleg I had no business driving a heavy truck so I was glad it didn't go faster than 25mph . . . I enjoyed my HMMWV and it's little trailer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

5thranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20ranger
Occupation
driver
For those of you that don't wear sunglasses, or regular glasses, what do you do with that wasted space overhead?

I've made a label, "beef jerky", which is affixed to mine for those long days on the road. It's a tight fit, but who is trying to store a brand new package anyway?

What other uses have you all come up with for the sunglasses holder?
Great place for anti-anxiety medication, as you are driving and start thinking about the fuel getting in oil and the 10R80 getting ready to take a bowl movement.

Sparky2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
Wife’s sunglasses even though she rarely rides in my truck so I get the tray.
IMG_6312.jpeg

MaxE731

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Maintenance Technician
For those of you that don't wear sunglasses, or regular glasses, what do you do with that wasted space overhead?

I've made a label, "beef jerky", which is affixed to mine for those long days on the road. It's a tight fit, but who is trying to store a brand new package anyway?

What other uses have you all come up with for the sunglasses holder?
It's a good place to store a USB cord for your phone if your center console storage is full of other stuff like mine usually is.
Sponsored