Two questions - radio and overhead

OP
OP

jgrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
does the headliner on the XL look the same so that the piece shown above should be able to pop into place?
I have an XL on order, and would like some overhead storage as well, but haven't spent enough time inside any models to know the differences in the headliner....
I don't think it will be a direct replacement unless someone has a suggestion.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jgrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Overhead console, not really enough room to hold sunglasses but here's the info.

upload_2019-5-7_9-44-10.png
The more I look at the diagram and think into it, I have to wonder if Ford really went through the trouble of making different headliners or if the replacement console would be a drop-in with a tweak to the inside of the roof. Anyone have input on that? Just drives me nuts that they nickle and dime stuff like the glasses holder. Makes no sense.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so I accomplished the overhead console switch out. It was not super easy but it is doable. I bought the overhead console from a junkyard, then I had to buy a special bracket from cheaperfordparts.com. then cut the headliner a bit. It is harder then you might think.

Screenshot_20200509-140758_Dropbox.jpg

20200509_141053.jpg

davidham

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
retired
Alright so I accomplished the overhead console switch out. It was not super easy but it is doable. I bought the overhead console from a junkyard, then I had to buy a special bracket from cheaperfordparts.com. then cut the headliner a bit. It is harder then you might think.

Screenshot_20200509-140758_Dropbox.jpg

20200509_141053.jpg
I would like to do this in my XL.

Here are my questions:

How did you remove the original panel?

What is the bracket you purchased from cheaperfordparts.com?

You said "It is harder then you might think", is this referring to the headliner? Or the overall install?
Sponsored