Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I still watch the reruns. ?

Man times were so much better without the PC crowd. All In The Family,The Jeffersons and Sanford & Son were some of the funnies shows on tv. :LOL:
I am old enough to have seen all of these shows back in the day. No one seems to able to laugh anymore ! Too much butthurt :LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I am old enough to have seen all of these shows back in the day. No one seems to able to laugh anymore ! Too much butthurt :LOL:
Ain't that the truth! Heck I'm part Polish and I remember watching All In The Family with my grandparents and they would laugh through the whole show. Especially when Archie would call Mike Meathead or a dumb Polack. :LOL: ? Now everyone's feelings are hurt to darn easy!

Black Knight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Went to Dick's Sporting Goods today and parked out in the parking lot with no other vehicles for at least five spaces, came back to my truck and I'll be damned if there wasn't a hoopty Silverado with dents on every corner parked right next to me. I did a walk around.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It is a size does matter thing to some, which I never believed from personal experience:eek::shock:. Oh my!!!
Hi Tiny,

If it makes you feel any better. These folks, like some on the forums here are of low self esteem, and tend to the negative comments, which makes them feel better based on my research. I use the ignore feature for these 3 people.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
So I have this weird observation. As I've mentioned I'm a first time truck owner. Having a new shiny Ranger I park in the back of parking lots well away from other cars. Plus I don't mind getting a little extra walking in. Over the last few months I have noticed something interesting. People driving other trucks just love parking right next to mine no matter how many spots are free on each side of my truck.

This came to mind again this morning. I went to the grocery store early this morning and parked in the back of the lot that was mostly empty. I was in the store maybe 5 minutes just to get some milk and cereal. I come out and there is a Ram 2500 parked right next to me even though there were still many empty spaces on each side.

As stated I've observed this many times to the point it seems not to be a coincidence. What's up with that? Is it some kind of weird kind of flex? Like, "Hey buddy check out my badass truck." I've owned many cars, not trucks, and also parked them well away from other cars in the back of the lot. But have rarely come back to see someone parked right next to me when there were several more spaces available.

Maybe it is a regional thing? Is it a truck thing, like trucks park right next to trucks no matter what? Or maybe it is my Ranger is so awesome it has some subconscious effect on other truck owners that draw them to my truck? :p Still when it happens I end up doing a walk around to see if they door dinged me.

Anyway, just a weird and kind of funny observation for a weekend conversation.
When I notice a cool truck in a parking lot somewhere, I park near it, not necessarily next to it, just to have a look coming and going (without appearing to look). I'm just curious about what other drivers are running, for future reference or just for fun. So maybe the truck owners parking next to you guys are just wondering, not necessarily "flexing"!

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
i havent noticed an uptik in people parking their trucks close to me,

but the one time a Canyon driver did, and he parked obnoxiously close....i keyed the jerks door.
what I noticed though, was his paint was much more durable than our rangers. it took several attempts to dig deep enough to hit bare metal.
I just keep really heavy duty zip ties in my truck for that reason. Zip tie doors together gets the point across without getting into criminal acts. A couple 3’ zip ties makes your feelings known pretty well.

GhostStrykre

First Name
Bowen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
When I notice a cool truck in a parking lot somewhere, I park near it, not necessarily next to it, just to have a look coming and going (without appearing to look). I'm just curious about what other drivers are running, for future reference or just for fun. So maybe the truck owners parking next to you guys are just wondering, not necessarily "flexing"!
i came here to say this. anytime there's a car or truck i'm curious about, i park nearby so i can walk past it or get a good look. there still are not an immense amount of rangers on the road so it garners a lot of attention.