zachattack54

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
****update****
I finally got some time and did a test tow.

My problem absolutely came from the weight distribution bars. I did a real good test loop with no weight distribution and just the friction sway bar. Tows like a dream now! Trailer has no side to side interference on the truck and tows straight and true. Thanks for the tips and help guys! I'm very excited for 400km tow this weekend. Here's a pic from today.

20190717_185526.jpg

20190717_185658.jpg
Sponsored

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Cool. I haven't towed yet with my Ranger. I had some sway issues with my F-150, but only at certain speeds. I never did check the hitch setup, but always felt like the dealer set it up with too much weight distribution and not enough tongue weight.. I have the E2 friction setup so I need a little weight distribution for the friction sway control to work. I will be towing a 5,300lb 30ft TT, but not until next month. Curious to see how it does.....

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
So I just picked up a 25’ travel trailer weighing about 6000 pounds and I think they set up the weight distribution hitch too tight as well. I have the same complaints

539AD2D5-10AF-48F5-9FDC-DC80CD83ECCD.jpeg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
****update****
I finally got some time and did a test tow.

My problem absolutely came from the weight distribution bars. I did a real good test loop with no weight distribution and just the friction sway bar. Tows like a dream now! Trailer has no side to side interference on the truck and tows straight and true. Thanks for the tips and help guys! I'm very excited for 400km tow this weekend. Here's a pic from today.

20190717_185526.jpg

20190717_185658.jpg
Very nice!

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
So I just picked up a 25’ travel trailer weighing about 6000 pounds and I think they set up the weight distribution hitch too tight as well. I have the same complaints

539AD2D5-10AF-48F5-9FDC-DC80CD83ECCD.jpeg
Not sure if your truck is on level ground, but your trailer looks like the nose is way too high. Either your ball is to high compared to the trailer coupler or you have way too much weight distribution. There are tons of videos on youtube explaining the set up for basically every weight distribution out there. They are mainly similar, but slightly different. I'd check your set up real good. I will say this, my 30 ft trailer gets disturbed by wind ( other traffic, trucks, cross wind etc. ) way more than my 24 ft did. If I'm in clean air it tracks straight and true up to 70mph, but If a semi, car, bus etc. passes me, the turbulence effects my travel trailer and causes some sway. Even as I approach large vehicles I can feel the wind start to affect me. Not sure there is a fix for that.....

Last edited:

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Not sure if your truck is on level ground, but your trailer looks like the nose is way too high. Either your ball is to high compared to the trailer coupler or you have way too much weight distribution. There are tons of videos on youtube explaining the set up for basically every weight distribution out there. They are mainly similar, but slightly different. I'd check your set up real good. I will say this, my 30 ft trailer gets disturbed by wind ( other traffic, trucks, cross wind etc. ) way more than my 24 ft did. If I'm in clean air it tracks straight and true up to 70mph, but If a semi, car, bus etc. passes me, the turbulence effects my travel trailer and causes some sway. Even as I approach large vehicles I can feel the wind start to affect me. Not sure there is a fix for that.....
It’s pretty much 100% level, this ground was very uneven. Ya I know what you mean

Also I loosened up my weight distribution hitch and tightened up my anti sway and it feels way better
3AE75A94-D159-4A17-91F9-2CAEF01B7B55.jpeg
Sponsored