Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think the Lariat comes with remote start and auto windshield wipers too.
Yep! Rain sensing wipers.
Padded dash, darker gray interior dash trim, Homelink, LED cargo and brake light, engine cover, glove compartment light.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it really sounds like a lot for the $3k difference. I'm noticing the same between the XL FX4 that tops out around $36k, it doesn't have much in comparison.

My 5 year old Jeep has the keyless entry and I have to agree it's one of the best convenience features. I never even use the fob, just grab the door handle and go, keys never leave the pocket.

I think Lariat's the way to go for me. Thanks.

langlais

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger 2019 xlt scab
Xlt dont have heated mirors wich I still dont believe! My old se focus 2010 had heated mirors ... For me in canada we cant have a lariat with the long bed so i bought the xlt almost fully loaded. Love it! You can also have the rear locker for much cheaper than the fx4 package.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it really sounds like a lot for the $3k difference. I'm noticing the same between the XL FX4 that tops out around $36k, it doesn't have much in comparison.

My 5 year old Jeep has the keyless entry and I have to agree it's one of the best convenience features. I never even use the fob, just grab the door handle and go, keys never leave the pocket.

I think Lariat's the way to go for me. Thanks.
i HATE push button start. And HATE the touchscreen display. freakin going through 4 screens just to turn on the freakin heat.

Lariat was a no go from the start for me.

different strokes and all

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Xlt dont have heated mirors wich I still dont believe! My old se focus 2010 had heated mirors ... For me in canada we cant have a lariat with the long bed so i bought the xlt almost fully loaded. Love it! You can also have the rear locker for much cheaper than the fx4 package.

The FX4 did not have too much attraction for me. I ordered a 4x4 with rear locker. That's all I needed from the FX4 package. And IMO any ANY off-road package should not contain carpet.

If I want to upgrade suspension, the FX4 shocks would be gone anyways, and the terrain management system is worthless to me. I have been off-roading for over 40 years. I do not need or want cruise control for trails. Where's the fun in that??

STX 4x4 with rear locker was perfect.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
i HATE push button start. And HATE the touchscreen display. freakin going through 4 screens just to turn on the freakin heat.

I don't like wind or noise so my windows are always closed.
My truck temp is set to 71 driver and 73 passenger. I use a button to go up or down with AC or heat to change temp.
There are other buttons to adjust things. I rarely use the screen.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Funny because I love the push button start! It was the one thing I actually liked about my Tacoma and was a must have for me on the Ranger. I hate having dangling keys especially when you're off roading. The fob is a little larger than I'd like,feels like a boat anchor when I'm wearing gym shorts..lol

As far as the touch screen you don't have to go through 4 screens for the heat. Just touch the climate symbol and you're right there or there's the manual buttons on the cluster. I use voice commands for everything I can.

Like you said "different strokes" :):beer:

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Funny because I love the push button start! It was the one thing I actually liked about my Tacoma and was a must have for me on the Ranger. I hate having dangling keys especially when you're off roading. The fob is a little larger than I'd like,feels like a boat anchor when I'm wearing gym shorts..lol

As far as the touch screen you don't have to go through 4 screens for the heat. Just touch the climate symbol and you're right there or there's the manual buttons on the cluster. I use voice commands for everything I can.

Like you said "different strokes" :):beer:
yeah, had push button start and big ole touchscreen on a 2018 Fiat.....eeeer Jeep.

could not wait to get rid of that stuff.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
yeah, had push button start and big ole touchscreen on a 2018 Fiat.....eeeer Jeep.

Hard to believe you didn't like push button start and not having to use the fob to unlock the doors on your Fiat. And as you can see by the posts above, the screen doesn't have to be used for heat and AC regulating..
You're much better off saying it wasn't worth the extra cost to you.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I think push button start requires some getting used to. The first few times I did it, it was kind of weird pushing a button to start a vehicle rather than inserting a key. Years of inserting a key are hard to undo. It probably helped that our other car has push button start and I've driven a few rentals that had push button start. It feels weird to me now to insert a key.

But once I got used to it, it really is a great convenience for me. I love not having to take out the "boat anchor" (love that description) key fob.

Some people just like things simple, and I get that. The more electronics in a vehicle the more things can go wrong.

OC4095

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Factory Automation Engineer, Auto School Grad, Car Audio Tech
Vehicle Showcase

I agree. I wanted buttons not a touch screen that does nothing better than my phone can do. Also prefer a key over pushbutton. To each their own but if i was looking for luxury it wouldn't be the Ranger. Just give me a basic 4x4 without all the bells and whistles. I think there is a market for a stripped down 4x4 vehicle. I've read enough on here to know I'm not alone.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. I wanted buttons not a touch screen that does nothing better than my phone can do. Also prefer a key over pushbutton. To each their own but if i was looking for luxury it wouldn't be the Ranger. Just give me a basic 4x4 without all the bells and whistles. I think there is a market for a stripped down 4x4 vehicle. I've read enough on here to know I'm not alone.
I agree there is a market for a stripped down 4x4. Since I also use this as my daily driver, I wanted some conveniences and I think that is a common theme as well. If I was only using this as an off roader (or primarily as an off roader), I would have made different choices.

As someone said, different strokes for different folks. We each have our own needs, wants and preferences. That is why there are different options. I think it is pretty cool that Ford offers the same drivetrain on the lowest trim as the highest trim. You really do get a LOT on the XL. And I like the STX wheels better than the wheels on the Lariat.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I agree there is a market for a stripped down 4x4. Since I also use this as my daily driver, I wanted some conveniences and I think that is a common theme as well. If I was only using this as an off roader (or primarily as an off roader), I would have made different choices.

As someone said, different strokes for different folks. We each have our own needs, wants and preferences. That is why there are different options. I think it is pretty cool that Ford offers the same drivetrain on the lowest trim as the highest trim. You really do get a LOT on the XL. And I like the STX wheels better than the wheels on the Lariat.
When I first looked at the new Ranger, I was a bit perplexed by the choices and the packages.

Ford must have done some very extensive demographics studies to produce the packages they ultimately offered.
Each level seems perfectly tailored to the needs of specific buyer groups.
I love them all ,and I love the fact that each buyer gets a satisfying experience.

The Lariat buyer gets the pampered feel of a luxury vehicle which caters to his every desire.

The XLT buyer gets an attractive comfortable vehicle with enough bells and whistles to satisfy even a rabid millennial.

The XL series offers a solid, good looking, comfortable vehicle with all the conventional comforts and conveniences plus... just enough leading edge stuff to impress, without causing too much confusion.

I decided on the STX with reservations, thinking I might be shorting myself on some of the nicer options of the higher trim levels.
After owning the truck for a while, I have found that I bought the right package with everything I could really need or want.

All in all...
Ford did a remarkable job of offering a great value at all levels while striking fear into the hearts of the competition.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Well, I am enjoying all the “bells & whistles” of my new Ranger. All my life I have bought what I could afford, which was always the most very basic package, no “bells and whistles”. And I have always been happy & thankful for each purchase. When we heard Ford was bringing back the Ranger, we started saving for it. We ordered a fully loaded Ranger Lariat. I admit we don’t need all that fancy stuff, but we sure are enjoying it!:inlove:

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
That's the one thing I miss my Escape had it and it was so very convenient
Sponsored