Official: 2022 Ranger Splash Is Back. One-time-only Colors to Drop Every Few Months

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks like they just threw a stripe down the side and added the Black Appearance Package? The colored stitching inside is just like what's on the new Bronco but hopefully it tailored to the exterior color and not locked into just one color. I wouldn't want a red exterior with the orange stitching. :puke: Overall I think it'll look good on certain colors and it's not a bad option for $1,500.00.
Sponsored

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Looks like they just threw a stripe down the side and added the Black Appearance Package? The colored stitching inside is just like what's on the new Bronco but hopefully it tailored to the exterior color and not locked into just one color. I wouldn't want a red exterior with the orange stitching. :puke: Overall I think it'll look good on certain colors and it's not a bad option for $1,500.00.
I like the orange personally, but exactly to your point it would look good against my truck since it’s black. I def would not want that if it was red lol.

I honestly don’t even hate it and honestly if 2022 is the last year of the 5G I am surprised Ford is doing this. I feel by the end of a model run it just gets decontented.

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
If they are doing a throw back they could have at least used the original splash decals. However the wheels from the bronco are awesome. Too bad I just bought aftermarket ones.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
From the release it sounds as though though exterior stripes are black and orange, the nostrils are orange and stitching inside is orange regardless of color.

Not my cup of tea. At all. But somebody will buy them.

Last edited:

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Lame no SCAB models. I wouldn't buy one anyway but just saying I don't need a 4 full door truck. I am sold on the Ranger I have now. :rockon: I didn't realize that the Tremor or Raptor didn't include the SCAB models. WEAK!!!! Come On Ford.

Last edited:

JohnDLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL Supercrew FX4
The original Ranger Splash was a flare side bed, wheel wells outside the bed. This appears to only be another trim package joining the black package, chrome package and sport package.
It would have been nice to see a flareside bed and/or the vehicle lowered some.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
What are the other colors though, I wonder?

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT
Uhmmm....the Splash was traditionally a flareside? This is just graphics & paint? Am I missing something here? I mean, it's not even as good looking as the #VeryGayRaptor from a few months back.

"The Splash featured a flareside bed that echoed the styling of the 1950s cargo boxes, in which the rear wheels were outside the bed under protruding, flared wheelwells. The Splash came with "Splash" exterior graphics, bumpers painted the same color as the body and aluminum wheels."

It's like they forgot the important parts that made the Splash unique, and just went with the paint instead?

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
just paint does not an splash make

what was that little car next to the gayest raptor? I WANT IT!!!

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
ummmm ..... if i was looking for a nostalgic take on a beloved classic vehicle, the Ranger "Splash" package wouldn't be it.
Sponsored