First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
So now that my 5g is higher than stock and has larger tires my bottle jack may not cut it anymore. esp if off road in less than good situations. anyone recommend a good off road jack that will work with the 5g and not cost a kidney?? ive always used a stout bottle jack and one of the traction boards that has the bottle jack square built in. i dont have a place on the 5g that a farm / hi lift jack will work. ive considered the air bag jacks that you hook up to the tail pipe... cheaper than the harbor freaks "off road bad land" jack
Sponsored

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
I have these attachments for Hi-Lift

https://a.co/d/9XwFVqb

https://a.co/d/9DXsPN8

Also bought Bronco attachment for jack that comes with Ranger for when I’m not on trail. Did have to modify bronco attachment a little bit used step bit to make hole bigger to line up threaded insert.

IMG_0188.jpeg
IMG_0190.jpeg
IMG_0189.jpeg

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Never seen those for the hi lift before... so they lift from the wheel , right? Umm what am I missing.... how does one remove the flat and put on the spare wheel?

shovonmshahriar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Never seen those for the hi lift before... so they lift from the wheel , right? Umm what am I missing.... how does one remove the flat and put on the spare wheel?
Honestly, what are those contraptions?! If I didn’t know better, at first glance I’d have thought someone is into some serious hardcore bondage stuff!

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I have these attachments for Hi-Lift

https://a.co/d/9XwFVqb

https://a.co/d/9DXsPN8

Also bought Bronco attachment for jack that comes with Ranger for when I’m not on trail. Did have to modify bronco attachment a little bit used step bit to make hole bigger to line up threaded insert.

IMG_0188.jpeg
IMG_0190.jpeg
IMG_0189.jpeg
thanks for the pictures of the additional piece for the stock jack. that gives me an idea. instead of a new jack, maybe i can make a taller base for the one i have.

Mighty Little Blue

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Supercab FX4
Occupation
Printer
Vehicle Showcase
So now that my 5g is higher than stock and has larger tires my bottle jack may not cut it anymore. esp if off road in less than good situations. anyone recommend a good off road jack that will work with the 5g and not cost a kidney?? ive always used a stout bottle jack and one of the traction boards that has the bottle jack square built in. i dont have a place on the 5g that a farm / hi lift jack will work. ive considered the air bag jacks that you hook up to the tail pipe... cheaper than the harbor freaks "off road bad land" jack
This is what I have for 33" tires with a 2.5 inch leveling kit. It also works like a Jack Stand to lock it in place. I have not used this one on the Ranger yet lucky no flats so far (KO2 tires pretty indestructible). I have used a smaller version on a Subaru a few times and works great. Bought on Amazon a few years back linked below.

https://a.co/d/igmoCiN

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
This is what I have for 33" tires with a 2.5 inch leveling kit. It also works like a Jack Stand to lock it in place. I have not used this one on the Ranger yet lucky no flats so far (KO2 tires pretty indestructible). I have used a smaller version on a Subaru a few times and works great. Bought on Amazon a few years back linked below.

That's the one I have been meaning to pick up. Just need a good way to stow it.

Mighty Little Blue

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Supercab FX4
Occupation
Printer
Vehicle Showcase
That's the one I have been meaning to pick up. Just need a good way to stow it.
If you come up with a good idea please post it. I just have it loose in the bed with a bungee cord on it.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
the issue with the 5g is not having a good spot for the hi lift style jacks to lift from. the bumpers are too weak. of course the body is too week. frame is too far under.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing

I want one of those for my travel trailer.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
That would be a situation, since my tires are 285/70 and my spare is stock 265 you wouldnt want to use 4x4 to get back out?
I just carry a 6by6 inch block of wood
and best money spent is $5 a month to add roadside assist / towing to your insurance LOLROF I use that a few times a year!

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it depends on how you have equipped your truck. I have Shrockworks rock rails (they bolt to the frame) and used a Hi-lift jack to lift the truck to change a front tire that went flat.
Sponsored