First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
It’s always good when it “Shits Smoothly” !
Regards
Somebody on a diet of stewed prunes?
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Remote start can take a big hit on your MPG depending on how long you let it run.

While it is idling, you are effectively getting <1 mpg since you are burning fuel but going nowhere.

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Fried chicken always works for me.:turkey: :ontheloo:
Krystal/White Castle.

There's a reason they're called Rectal Rockets. :champagne:

Somewhere in my body there is a "Grease Low" light and the only thing that will put it out is Krystal or KFC.

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 crew cab
I hit 3000 today. It's important to know that when I drive my Ranger I'm in it all day. Three hundred plus miles per day. I did 377 today in the rain. Well, long story short, the more I drive it the better I like it. The ride is a little firm but it doesn't wear me out. The power is very good and the load hauling is excellent. It's a responsive and safe feeling truck. I wish the fuel consumption was better, average 25 on 95% highway miles and it's hard to load and unload due to ride height and tailgate depth. I work around that. I wish the infotainment was more user friendly but it isn't bad. My happiest moment with it is when I'm walking back to it after a delivery and seeing it. I think it looks great and I'm proud to be driving it. :thumbsup:
Ur getting OUTSTANDING fuel economy. It's still a heavy truck. I get 22.4 average an tickled. 9k mis now. Love it. My son ordered a '20 Ranger in race red. Keep truckin! SN+ rated full synthetic oils only.

Reactions: Doc

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 crew cab
Winter gas up north drops our milage, and also I've been using the remote start too. And.. short trips to work and home.. so it really don't get warmed up.
I use 93 octane in winters mos here in NW Ohio. My MPGs average over 22 consistently. Mixed local & highway driving. Try premium fuel. Very warm here lately tho.

Reactions: Doc

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I can't bring myself to pay $1 more for premium here.
I hear ya but if you think about it you're probably losing more than that getting 13 mpg's. My worst mileage ever was 18.9 and that was going up north rising in elevation from 1000' - 5000' with a level kit and larger tires. Something definitely not right.

Deleted member 1634

I am just over 4,600 miles on mine, and love it..

Only thing that's bothering me is the poor milage for the winter.. Last tank, 13.5.. Ouch..

I do agree, the box/bed is high! Really had to reach over to get fire wood out today..
I was able to eek out 19.3mpg on my last "work commute only" tank. But I had to really baby the throttle and cut back on my remote start time (about 30secs vs the 2mins I was doing before) to even get that. Plus it was relatively warm (10s-20s), especially for January. I'm sure the people around me on the road were pissed about it, but who cares about them. haha Most people drive too fast and too aggressive anyways. We're about halfway through winter now, so hopefully it starts to slowly improve again.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I use Costco premium. Seems to burn the best and has the highest ratings for the price. Paying 2.50$ for premium seems worth it. My mpg is 22-23. Not bad

ZCoker

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman, 1981 Porsch Slantnose (550hp), 1980 BMW 528i (750hp)
Mine just hit the 3400 mile mark and had it's first service. Truck seems to run better and better as the miles pile up. My initial first ride when I first purchased it was kinda like, oh boy, what's with this jumpy feeling and what the heck is that fan noise! Thereafter, things smoothed out. I've since read stories about the transmission learning process and, man, it sure has smoothed out or "leaned" my driving style. Shifts perfectly. My biggest thrill is the gas mileage, one of the main reasons I got out of my F150. I've been seeing a steady 27 mpg city driving, which has kept me far, far away from the gas pumps. I was literally living at the gas stations with my F150. I have yet to take a long trip in it and can only imagine how it will perform. I guess living in south Florida on flat roads really brings out the best in mileage with this truck.....thank goodness!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I use Costco premium. Seems to burn the best and has the highest ratings for the price. Paying 2.50$ for premium seems worth it. My mpg is 22-23. Not bad
Heck yeah. I wish it was that low here,I'm paying $2.99 for 87!:curse:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ouch. That’s not friendly. Lucky Colorado hasn’t jacked a big fuel tax into the system.
The gas tax isn't that bad here, I keep hearing it's something to do with the refineries in CA. Gas was always .30-.40 a gallon cheaper here than MA and of course a year after I move here it's now more here.:frown:

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
5k miles since I bought it in December. Probably a little fudged since I have upsized tires, but less than 1mph at 75, so meh.

Perks:
The handling is fantastic.

The drivetrain is a joy.

It functions as a fantastic truck.

I smile just about everytime I look at it.

Complaints:
The HVAC is anemic as hell. If you split the fan, even full blast, I struggle to feel anything out of the vent. That is generally caused by a shit ton of turbulence in the ducting, so, that's not great design. Probably better in upgraded models. But I've also had it go out on me, dealer replace a part, that one break, replace again, now its making noise again so that one is gonna break again, all of which again, points towards trash HVAC design. No part should fail 3 times in a month from regular usage.

The ride is SUPER bouncy. I'm considering the Fox Performance kit, just to help smooth it out on a highway. Not even talking off road, I hit a tiny bump, bounce bounce bounce

Fit and finish are pretty freaking terrible, but its a Ford, so pretty much expected that.

I average 18mpg, and I can't get it higher. In 2020, there is no goddamn reason to be getting 18mpg on a new truck. None, except greed. I totally concede that I love the turbo, and a lot of it is probably due to driving habits, I also upsized my tire slightly and put on 120lb rock sliders. But I've tried to hypermile the thing, doesn't care, maybe gets 19mpg.

Overall, the negatives don't outweigh the positives, and I love my truck. Just wish it wasn't such an outdated relic when it comes to fuel consumption, hvac, or interior design in general.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: