First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Dave, thanks for all the pictures. My former boss moved to Bella Vista, 2 years ago, after I retired. He has 2 sons and grandkids that live there and he seems to be happy in the area. Like every where now a days, there is more development and more building going on. I hope you find a place that you like.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, thanks for all the pictures. My former boss moved to Bella Vista, 2 years ago, after I retired. He has 2 sons and grandkids that live there and he seems to be happy in the area. Like every where now a days, there is more development and more building going on. I hope you find a place that you like.
Thanks Chuck! That's good to know he's happy there and hearing that @Ranger54 is happy there is also good to know. Makes me feel like I made a good choice and there's not something I missed in my research. :inspect:

I think the population is around 28K now and while there's many lots available for sale not all are buildable, some are very sloped and have big ravens going through them. Some people buy the cheap lots ($4k-$6K) just so they can be part of the POA and ride the trails and use the amenities there and no charge or a reduced charge for owners. Luckily we're in no rush but I think it was a great trip and I could see us living there.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Mother-in-laws house next door to me (she's in nursing home ATM) but has one of these in her garage, hasn't been on the road in over 20 years (Father-in-law died 20 years ago she's 98)
1666697570307.png
While I love the newer style Fords that would be a great truck to have and restore.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Spent time working in NW Arkansas and it’s Gods country out there for sure. If you can end up moving there, from my observation you won’t regret it. Bought my first pair of cowboy boots from my journeys there as well. Good place, good memories.
That's great to hear, the Ozark's are beautiful! We didn't spend a lot of time there (4 days) and I really loved the area but it made me think I was missing something because it was so nice and it was to good to be true. lol

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
NW AR is really beautiful. No doubt.

But my starter marriage was with a girl from AR :puke: so even seeing the word "Arkansas" sends chills down my spine. Out of 50 states it would be #79 on my list simply because of that past nightmare.

Trivia for you. Not just the Walton money around there. In NW AR you also have the Tysons (as in Tyson Foods) and the Hunts (as in JB Hunt). And one of the Walmart kids married one of the Hunt kids. I mean after all, can't share those fortunes with the poor masses.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

But my starter marriage was with a girl from AR :puke: so even seeing the word "Arkansas" sends chills down my spine. Out of 50 states it would be #79 on my list simply because of that past nightmare.

Trivia for you. Not just the Walton money around there. In NW AR you also have the Tysons (as in Tyson Foods) and the Hunts (as in JB Hunt). And one of the Walmart kids married one of the Hunt kids. I mean after all, can't share those fortunes with the poor masses.
I hear where your coming from with the ex. My ex (fiancé) is back in MA and while I hate the state for many other reasons she's the #1 reason I won't live anywhere near there. :surprised:

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95

You know the toothbrush was invented in Arkansas. Invented anywhere else itd been called the teethbrush! Just kidding! Arkansas is a beautiful state and love those crooked roads when we rode there on the Harleys! Nice people down there.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You know the toothbrush was invented in Arkansas. Invented anywhere else itd been called the teethbrush! Just kidding! Arkansas is a beautiful state and love those crooked roads when we rode there on the Harleys! Nice people down there.
You're right Brian the people there were all very nice and polite. We had more people stop and talk to us and wave as we were driving or walking in the short time we were there than I have in the 7 years of living here. It was a very friendly area and we really felt at home there.

Crooked roads you say? ? Tracy @Tracy Bowman and Paul @OrangeStreak would fit right in there.:shock::lipssealed::giggle:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
After lunch we drove back up to Bella Vista and went for a hike. Luckily there were no accidents on this trip and we (well Annie) made it back unscathed. There was a nice waterfall at the end of this trail and this cave with God knows what living in there.:surprised:

IMG_7787.jpg

IMG_7792.jpg

Then we drove over the the Mildred B Cooper Memorial Chapel. It’s a chapel down a short path in the middle of the woods. Many get married here and luckily today we had the place to ourself. The architecture is amazing inside and out.

http://www.cooperchapel.com

IMG_7793.jpg

IMG_7794.jpg

IMG_7796.jpg

IMG_7797.jpg

IMG_7798.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7806.jpg

IMG_7810.jpg
So beautiful!

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
While I love the newer style Fords that would be a great truck to have and restore.
It really would its in great shape, never been a DD & been in the garage. when F in Law was alive they only used it to go to there cabin in west Michigan & that was only in the nice months of the year

fob63

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
retired
Having lived here for over 40+ years and watched the growth. I can say it's very nice but as with anyplace it has it's up and downs.
Bella Vista was a retirement area in the past but with that growth it has changed. They have a strict POA and that can be cumbersome.
The growth of Bentonville/Rogers from the past decades is very rapid!!
Cost of housing in that area will be 10-17% higher then the surrounding areas (Fayetteville, Springdale).
We have Beaver Lake a Corp of Engineers lake.
Ozark mountains, Boston Mountains along with Mark Twain national park are nice but don't expect the Rockies.
Anything you want to ask about Please ask.
When I moved here in 1980 the population for tri-state area was a bit over 100,000 it's now over 475,000.
Since we have Walmart. Tyson Foods and J.B Hunt this accounts for the major growth.
Expect some snow/Ice, heavy thunderstorms and possible Oklahoma tornados passing through.
During the Ice/Snow period don't expect to much from our road crews.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Having lived here for over 40+ years and watched the growth. I can say it's very nice but as with anyplace it has it's up and downs.
Bella Vista was a retirement area in the past but with that growth it has changed. They have a strict POA and that can be cumbersome.
Cost of housing in that area will be 10-17% higher then the surrounding areas (Fayetteville, Springdale).
Ozark mountains, Boston Mountains along with Mark Twain national park are nice but don't expect the Rockies.
When I moved here in 1980 the population for tri-state area was a bit over 100,000 it's now over 475,000.
Since we have Walmart. Tyson Foods and J.B Hunt this accounts for the major growth.
Expect some snow/Ice, heavy thunderstorms and possible Oklahoma tornados passing through.
I got caught in a snowstorm in Alma, AR, about 15 miles north of Fort Smith. The storm was forecast to stay well north, but tracked south and that NW corner of the Natural State got 16 inches of rather wet snow overnight. I had to drive a semi load another 150 miles to Little Rock, but fortunately, the storm was an intense, narrow belt and the last 100 miles was mostly rain. The ARDOT did a really good job of clearing a 10ft wide goat path down I-40 with road graders by the time I got rolling; getting to I-40 was the biggest challenge.

@AzScorpion, next time you're down there stop for a picnic lunch at Toad Suck Park on Hwy 60.
I went by there once on my way to Conway, AR

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 08.04.13.png

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks for the update Bill. I did a ton or research before going there but there's nothing like first hand experience from people who live there. I did talk with Ben @Ranger54 for over an hr the other night lol who lives right in BV and got some great info, thanks again Ben!!

You're right everywhere has its plus and minuses and they all seem to be growing like crazy. One thing I like about BV is there's only so much room for growth unlike here where there's a ton of farm land. and desert that will still be developed. At over 110,000 population ( just my city alone) and still growing this is way to busy for me to live in the thick of it. I know about the winters, ice and potential tornados. One good thing is I'm semi retired and probably by the time I move there might be fully retired so not having to be somewhere every day makes a huge difference. Plus Annie works from home so her commute is only across the house. ? Thanks again for the input!!
Sponsored