No More Tremor After 2023

dkirby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Tremor, '16 Focus RS, '10 Evo X
Occupation
Engineer
Jim Farley and Bill Ford Jr. are in my office this morning. Jim mentioned that customers love our trim packages and specifically mentioned the Tremor. I think we can expect more of the Euro versions making their way across the pond soon.

HippoTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Gray Ranger Tremor
Jim Farley and Bill Ford Jr. are in my office this morning. Jim mentioned that customers love our trim packages and specifically mentioned the Tremor. I think we can expect more of the Euro versions making their way across the pond soon.
A more hardcore rock-crawly Tremor alternative to the desert runner Raptor would be freakin' awesome.

hookem57

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Driver
This is correct. They don't want to steal raptor sales(good luck getting one at MSRP)
That is so true. When they announced the Raptor I said there goes the Tremor. I'm sure not many Raptors will be made to see how they sell. Not worth the package if you ask me. Like the interior though. That shifter rocks.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
['21 Ford Ranger XLT (Tremor) , BMW IX Electric
I don't think this was unexpected. Whole reason why Tremor version came out cos Ford didn't really have anything to compete with ZR2 nor TRD Off-Road....The Tremor was a mild upgrade with stock 1" lift with fox suspension and slightly more rugged look with all-terrain 32s.

With a 6G Tremor, the sales for Raptor would easily hurt as Tremor would become Toyota's version of "Off-Road" trim which is basically the most popular package in terms of price/value. Why spend $56k on a Raptor if u can get a Tremor with 1.5" suspension lift and 32s with the new body style and probably way less.

I'm sure Ford might gauge early Raptor sales and if it doesnt take off as they expect, I'm sure we'll see a Tremor trim being offered in 2025, etc. And not just that, new Taco looks extremely good with very decent specs and more trims than Ford so the market will be red hot next year for mid size truck segment.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Tremor didn't come out for 5G the first year either. I am hoping that once the production start rolling, we have more options besides STX, XLT, XLT High, Lariat and Raptor.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
It's a marketing thing. Once the 'newness & novelty' wore off the 5G, the Maverick and F150 lacked in attention and they needed something to advertise, they brought out the Tremor. They'll get lots of traction (pardon the pun) out the Ranger Raptor, but the Tremor come along. It's not because they can't produce it right now.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Only ford would drop a trim line.

Toyota kept the TRD off road and added to the line up.
Jeep has numerous trim options
GMC has the Z71 and ZR2

Not everybody wants, needs or can afford the raptor.
I’ll bet the tremor stays in the maverick and bigger trucks.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Saw this on 6G site, It's the 2024 Ranger Body Builder's guide. Note page 8. There is still hope.
tremor.png

And for some, Page 1 unfortunately says:

tremor2.png
There’s chit chat about it being a typo and actually is the Raptor. 285 tires and some of the loaded and unloaded height dimensions hint that. I hope they’re wrong

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Interesting, id only be interested in another tremor. It’s overkill for my daily needs. But, after spending the last few weeks out west it would perfect for the backcountry roads we want to travel.
I wish we had drove my truck now.
Sponsored