Next Gen Ranger: Ford Applies For Pickup Removable Roof Patent

Deleted member 1634

I'll just throw this out there - what if it's not for the Ranger at all? What if it's intended to be on the "compact" pickup Ford is rumored to be building?

Then again, if it's for the Ranger - NO THANKS! Leave removable tops to the Bronco.
I think I did read somewhere that there are rumors about a Bronco style truck, in the same vain as the Gladiator. So maybe that's what this would be for. Now, I don't remember where I read that, or if it was true, and nor do I have a source. So don't quote me on it. Either way, it's just rumors anyways.
Sponsored

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
I'll just throw this out there - what if it's not for the Ranger at all? What if it's intended to be on the "compact" pickup Ford is rumored to be building?

Then again, if it's for the Ranger - NO THANKS! Leave removable tops to the Bronco.
Agreed! Leave it for the Bronco. If it is for the rumored smaller truck, well that will probably go over as well as this abandoned mess after 3yrs....

ugh.jpg

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed! Leave it for the Bronco. If it is for the rumored smaller truck, well that will probably go over as well as this abandoned mess after 3yrs....

ugh.jpg
:LOL: I forgot about that thing.

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I think I did read somewhere that there are rumors about a Bronco style truck, in the same vain as the Gladiator. So maybe that's what this would be for. Now, I don't remember where I read that, or if it was true, and nor do I have a source. So don't quote me on it. Either way, it's just rumors anyways.
It has been confirmed at this point. They will bring back the Courier compact pickup and have a Bronco truck in the future lineup.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
A sunroof/moonroof would be fine with me but a removable roof...maybe if I had space for a F-150, I barely have space for the ranger but I make do. I've always been intrigued by the removable but always thought "where would I put it if I dont use it, and what if weather turns out for the worst?..." maybe it's not for me but Jeep has been doing it for ages I'm pretty sure some would be all for this so i cant say it's a dumb idea, to each their own.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
Guaranteed to leak, just like every Heep

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see a removable roof option. There would be no substantial change in structural rigidity as this is a body on frame vehicle.

ddtcm81

First Name
tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Occupation
armed service
is a mullit a prereq?
Sponsored