Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Why? Is there a better design for a light truck chassis?
Changing style for the sake of change is a given.
Changing chassis design for the sake of change is just plain foolish and expensive.
If there has been some engineering breakthrough Like rack&pinion steering or a new improved strut design... OK
But...
I would rather see them Do a really good powdercoat on the frame or a lowering option for the present chassis than to just build something new without cause. or how about offering a dedicated 2WD chassis?
Sometimes "new" could be bad...does anybody really still want a 2 piece driveshaft?:puke: Now there's something new... common only 60 years ago.

There has been a lot of change and improvement in Engine and transmission development in the last 9 years and a bunch of trinket apps and electronic toys , but the 2019 has that stuff.
The "9 year old chassis" complaint is just a Canard, many times I have seen the same people say don't buy it because it is too new to trust, then turn around and complain that the design is too old to buy.:giggle:

I have the best travel trailer there is and the basic design is 50years old.
I ride 25 and 30 year old bicycles which are still among the best ever made.
Right now there are only 1or2 new ones for which i would trade.
Improvement is one thing... change for change sake is quite another.
I'm going to have to agree with Floyd here. What are most people complaining about regarding old design: mostly interior stuff right? The truck itself is built like a tank. If you crawl under the truck and really study it...it's very very well built. And everyone universally agrees that the engine and trans are a great pair.

So to summarize: the truck as an actual truck is awesome. Everyone else is just nitpicking creature comforts.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Looks very dull, the entire truck....The grille is the only bold look, but the body lines are kind of boring and isnā€™t as nice as the 2019 ranger!

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Like the new options but not the design.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Being discussed over at Blue Oval with the thinking itā€™s legit for at least the next ROW Ranger.

Source: https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/2021-ford-ranger-is-this-it

2021-Ford-Ranger-Spied1.jpg
2021-Ford-Ranger-Spied2.jpg

From MotorTrend:
that is utterly hideous. Whoever Ford's truck designer is has an unhealthy fascination with those long 2 bar grills. That's the worst part about the newer 150's and super dutys is those bars that go into the headlights it looks so bad. Just my opinions.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
I don't think that looks bad. It's a rendering, that was "accidentally" leaked, so it won't be exact. There's word of a Bronco pick up to directly compete with the sagging sales overpriced Jeep Gladiator. So compete with yourself and your own Ranger? If Ford is that stupid, they can expect bankruptcy in the next 5 years. ( Hatchett might just be that dumb. Can't believe he has screwed up a company so fast in 3 short years )

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Agree, our Rangers look the best.
That bar going across is awful and just picture it when the DRL's are on. It'll look like a mouth coming at you. lol It's going to be very costly to add an aftermarket grille (if you even can) with that ugly double bar running across the front into the headlights.

wolfhawk73

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
I'm hoping some of the tech I see in the "leaked" Bronco photos comes to the Ranger. I'm digging the coil-sprung rear-end and the locking center diff.

rangerdrive

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Honestly, I hope that is real. Then I won't have FOMO when the 2021 rolls out. I'll be happy knowing my Ranger looks better.
Sponsored