First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Shipping and receiving
Mine is bone stock, but it gets driven almost every day. I know these new cars have a power draw from the security system and such as they sit. But I would agree that a dealer visit should be in order for our friend here.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply! So the only think I can thing of is that the temperature in PHX has been constantly over 110 degrees. I have not made any mods as my car is completely a stock XLT. I did read however, that the sleep mode may start during extreme cold or heat. But this is every day!
Hi Eddy,

We have a test track in Phoenix so during development of the North American Ranger this sort of problem would have manifested itself. We also test in Death Valley which is likely higher ambient temps than even Phoenix. Also do octane work in Needles California...again sweltering conditions. We are a few degrees cooler in Green Valley as we are at 3000' elevation, but only a few degrees cooler...Hot, Hot, Hot.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

edelatorre10

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4 Magnetic
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Hi Eddy,

We have a test track in Phoenix so during development of the North American Ranger this sort of problem would have manifested itself. We also test in Death Valley which is likely higher ambient temps than even Phoenix. Also do octane work in Needles California...again sweltering conditions. We are a few degrees cooler in Green Valley as we are at 3000' elevation, but only a few degrees cooler...Hot, Hot, Hot.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Ahhh I see. Well, looks like I'm making a trip to the dealer!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey guys, this is one of the only AZ threads I can find. I'm in the west valley as well! Anyone running into the problem of Deep Sleep mode turning on after every trip you make with your Ranger? It's getting pretty frustrating because this means I can't use my auto start.
I've only had mine go into DS mode once. That was last Christmas when I was away for 17 days and it went into DS on the 14th day like it's supposed to. I would see what the dealer says because that would suck if it's doing it every day.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Thanks for the reply! So the only think I can thing of is that the temperature in PHX has been constantly over 110 degrees. I have not made any mods as my car is completely a stock XLT. I did read however, that the sleep mode may start during extreme cold or heat. But this is every day!
It has been hot for sure,but I have not experienced any issues with my XL,and it sits outside 24-7.

may want to have the battery checked just in case.Maybe a borderline battery will cause it.

edelatorre10

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4 Magnetic
Occupation
Registered Nurse
It has been hot for sure,but I have not experienced any issues with my XL,and it sits outside 24-7.

may want to have the battery checked just in case.Maybe a borderline battery will cause it.
Just talked to the dealer and they said it may be the starter (since the battery tested fine). So they want me to drop it off so they can run a diagnostic. Only problem is that they are so behind that my car hay have to be there for 6 days. ?

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Just talked to the dealer and they said it may be the starter (since the battery tested fine). So they want me to drop it off so they can run a diagnostic. Only problem is that they are so behind that my car hay have to be there for 6 days. ?
??? What day is the sixth day,that’s the day I would bring it lol.

Just has my spray in liner done at autonation in Scottsdale,and had to wait a week for an appointment.
But it was done on the scheduled day.They take it to Linex.

Hopefully you get it sorted man,sooner than later.

OP
OP
Spence's bumper sticker

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
??? What day is the sixth day,that’s the day I would bring it lol.

Just has my spray in liner done at autonation in Scottsdale,and had to wait a week for an appointment.
But it was done on the scheduled day.They take it to Linex.

Hopefully you get it sorted man,sooner than later.
Mind sharing what that ran? It's $495 from the factory, was wondering if it's cheaper to have it done on my own.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Mind sharing what that ran? It's $495 from the factory, was wondering if it's cheaper to have it done on my own.
Sure,it’s the same 495.I had pass points that I used and paid 299 when it was all said and done.

Tuff skins say they will do a spray in for 300 including tax..
1597626595196.png

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Giving this one a casual bump. Like the idea of a Meet-N-Greet when covid numbers drop. Too many places shut down and weird rules abound. Makes meeting up hard to do.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
As am I,and I don’t fear the COVID BS...

Haven’t stopped attending car meets etc.,since this began,but totally understand and respect the reservations of other if they are indeed someone with a weekend immune system,or..

Would love to check out some of ya’lls truckasaurus’s lol

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone interested for a little off-road drive next Sunday 1/17 ? I usually leave early mornings so by the time I hit the trail head it's sunrise. I like quiet trails to avoid the annoying side by sides.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Tied up with fam stuff but great idea!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
We have a lot of AZ here! We should do a meet up sometime.
There are so many Arizona members you could likely have your own forum!
?
Sponsored