First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Hi all. I'm moving to Chandler next month. I ordered my truck through Military Auto Source and she will be delivered ~early November to a dealer in Glendale. Looking forward to the meet ups and doing some wheeling!

Also, I get heartburn just thinking about trying to get anything done at the dealer. Appreciate if anyone has had a pleasant experience at a dealer in the Southeast area they'd like to share. Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't brougt mine in for any service. Oil has been done myself.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry,I can't help you with anything out in the east valley. I'm in the west valley but bought mine up in Peoria, not to far from Glendale. Only thing I've had them do is the oil change (they're free for 2 years) and was happy with that. I'd say it's hard to screw that up but after hearing some horror stories on here from others anythings possible. lol

Wouldn't mind doing some wheeling sometime. Sedona's a quick 90 minute ride and easy for a day trip and they have many trails out there.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry,I can't help you with anything out in the east valley. I'm in the west valley but bought mine up in Peoria, not to far from Glendale. Only thing I've had them do is the oil change (they're free for 2 years) and was happy with that. I'd say it's hard to screw that up but after hearing some horror stories on here from others anythings possible. lol

Wouldn't mind doing some wheeling sometime. Sedona's a quick 90 minute ride and easy for a day trip and they have many trails out there.
There are closer places than Sedona. Plus to many tourists/Jeeps.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
There are closer places than Sedona. Plus to many tourists/Jeeps.
All depends when you go and what time. Stay away in March and October and go mid week and I've never had any problems. We went out around 8:30 am and only saw 4-5 pink Jeeps and 2 other trucks on Schnebly Hill. On Diamonback Gulch I only ran into 1 pink Jeep and 1 Razor.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Congrats and welcometo AZ! I’m in N.E. Phx myself.
If your dealer is Sanderson,you should be fine as I have not heard anything bad about them.No personal experiance with them though,as being an aircraft mech,I don’t even like a dealer touching my vehicles for recall work let alone anything else.

DaytonBenson

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Shipping and receiving
I'm in Gilbert. LHM Ford off Mesa drive is ok, but Sanderson is the best rated in the area. I bought at Chapman, but it's pretty blah.

Welcome to town!

DaytonBenson

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Shipping and receiving
We have a lot of AZ here! We should do a meet up sometime.

OP
OP
Spence's bumper sticker

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Thanks all for the suggestions. Military Auto Source has a small list of dealers they work with where you can take delivery. I was planning on going with Jones in Casa Grande. Just because in my past experience I've always had better luck with small town dealerships. But if you all endorse Sanderson maybe I'll use them.

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I use to live in Scottsdale way back in the early 80z. We've thought about returning. I miss Sedona and the trout fishing in those small farms along the way. My 2 kids caught their first fish there.

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
San Tan Ford. It’s in Gilbert but I an actually shocked at how good they have been so far.

edelatorre10

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4 Magnetic
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Hey guys, this is one of the only AZ threads I can find. I'm in the west valley as well! Anyone running into the problem of Deep Sleep mode turning on after every trip you make with your Ranger? It's getting pretty frustrating because this means I can't use my auto start.

DaytonBenson

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Shipping and receiving
Hey guys, this is one of the only AZ threads I can find. I'm in the west valley as well! Anyone running into the problem of Deep Sleep mode turning on after every trip you make with your Ranger? It's getting pretty frustrating because this means I can't use my auto start.
Never heard of such a thing, but maybe. I ran up to Pine and back twice a couple weeks ago and didn't notice that problem.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Dayton,

Mine had done this twice in the time I have had the vehicle...1½ years. Each time was after 14 days without starting the vehicle. What you are experiencing indicates a severe drain of the vehicle battery in a short time period which is shutting down your electrical system. What sort of electrical mods if any have you made? If none, I thing a dealer visit is inorder...something is on that is a high current draw, JMO.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

edelatorre10

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4 Magnetic
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Hi Dayton,

Mine had done this twice in the time I have had the vehicle...1½ years. Each time was after 14 days without starting the vehicle. What you are experiencing indicates a severe drain of the vehicle battery in a short time period which is shutting down your electrical system. What sort of electrical mods if any have you made? If none, I thing a dealer visit is inorder...something is on that is a high current draw, JMO.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks for the reply! So the only think I can thing of is that the temperature in PHX has been constantly over 110 degrees. I have not made any mods as my car is completely a stock XLT. I did read however, that the sleep mode may start during extreme cold or heat. But this is every day!
Sponsored