Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if anyone had seen these yet? I was at my local dealership today, and while waiting for service, I took a stroll through the lot to look at the new Rangers. I noticed a few of the 2020 models had these new side view mirrors with a convex blind spot mirror incorporated into them. Not all the 2020's had them, and they did not appear to be a special order mirror. Seems like an odd change to make in mid-production, no?
IMG_2760.JPG
IMG_2761.JPG
Should be standard equipment!
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I think the XL comes with those blind spot mirrors if you dont get the copilot 360 with the BLIS system. I test drove a basic '19 XL that had them.
Exactly. All Fords without BLIS in some sort of package have these, Typically in the base models or in the entry level option group of whichever model vehicle.
Too small to do much good, IMHO.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Yeah, I have the auto-folding on my Lariat which is nice but I wish the mirrors would tilt down a little in Reverse.
Yeah, the ridgeline does that... you were afraid to use the R word here weren't you.. LOL

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Wondering if anyone had seen these yet? I was at my local dealership today, and while waiting for service, I took a stroll through the lot to look at the new Rangers. I noticed a few of the 2020 models had these new side view mirrors with a convex blind spot mirror incorporated into them. Not all the 2020's had them, and they did not appear to be a special order mirror. Seems like an odd change to make in mid-production, no?
IMG_2760.JPG
IMG_2761.JPG
Mine (2019 XL) has them, and it never occurred to me that they wouldn't be standard across all models. I like them. They're just big enough to be helpful, but not so big as to interfere with the main mirror.

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't even realize those weren't standard. Guess they are part of the Tow Package, my 2019 XL has em with just the tow package.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I bought and use these for my reverse against the curb. The passenger side is set to look at the ground. I don't know how they applied the mirror is over the warning lamp. Maybe they put those exclusively on trucks without blind-spot monitoring. I've always used
Those tack on mirrors

20200403_175528.jpg

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I think the XL comes with those blind spot mirrors if you dont get the copilot 360 with the BLIS system. I test drove a basic '19 XL that had them.
Yep. They're required if you don't have blindspot monitoring.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
@Ronbo The contour of those is nice.
How do they attach ?
Will the mirrors still fold ?

El Renno

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I REALLY hate those mirrors. Had them on my Focus and detested them. I’m so glad my Ranger has normal mirrors. And with BLIS, those mirrors aren’t needed.

Bud

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL supper cab 2019 Volt 99 XK8 Jaguar
Occupation
Sailor
Mine came with them.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine (2019 XL) has them, and it never occurred to me that they wouldn't be standard across all models. I like them. They're just big enough to be helpful, but not so big as to interfere with the main mirror.
My XL STX has them. Like Joe I assumed they were standard equipment on all. Glad mine has them.

RSCN8149.JPG
Sponsored