Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if anyone had seen these yet? I was at my local dealership today, and while waiting for service, I took a stroll through the lot to look at the new Rangers. I noticed a few of the 2020 models had these new side view mirrors with a convex blind spot mirror incorporated into them. Not all the 2020's had them, and they did not appear to be a special order mirror. Seems like an odd change to make in mid-production, no?
IMG_2760.JPG
IMG_2761.JPG
Sponsored

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Ugh this is exactly why i hate the stock mirrors is because there is no blindspot mirror. I hope they make it so you can buy just the mirror glass like that because i would love a blindspot mirror.

Knothead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger supercrew FX4, Lariat 501A and chrome package
Ugh this is exactly why i hate the stock mirrors is because there is no blindspot mirror. I hope they make it so you can buy just the mirror glass like that because i would love a blindspot mirror.

First thing I did to mine was to add some stick on blind spot mirrors. You can get them at any parts store.

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I had those on my 2011 Escape and never understood why they were on there. Then I towed a pop-up camper and I found out how useful the were.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
First thing I did to mine was to add some stick on blind spot mirrors. You can get them at any parts store.
Did the same now I can see white lines for each parking spot next to me . They really help .

TomisB

First Name
Tomis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Nurse
Mine came with the Blind Spot Information System with trailer coverage. It standard on XLT and Lariat. These models with the blind spot mirror are the XL versions from what I understand. Based on the number in white, I would guess that they are on hand for a contractor.
I would still like to put a set of blind spot mirrors on mine, but have not found any that I felt were just gaudy.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I think the XL comes with those blind spot mirrors if you dont get the copilot 360 with the BLIS system. I test drove a basic '19 XL that had them.
EXACTLY

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Did the same now I can see white lines for each parking spot next to me . They really help .
Yeah, I have the auto-folding on my Lariat which is nice but I wish the mirrors would tilt down a little in Reverse.

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I have a 2020 XLT. It does not have the convex mirrors on my folding side mirrors. However, I find that the side mirrors seem to be larger than any mirror I've had on past vehicles which allows for very good coverage of potential blind spots. This is not to say that convex mirrors are not great to have, because they are. And I have not towed anything yet so I don't know how that is affected. Just saying the stock "larger" mirrors are a :thumbsup: in my opinion.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Okay...another back story,

The industry was in the fence on convex mirrors, so Ford piloted a evaluation of convex mirrors and to what degree of visual increase of field of view would be acceptable. A notice was sent out to all of us in engineering that the mirror design folks would fit a convex mirror on our right hand side mirror and we use the mirror for between 3 to 6 months after which they would remove the mirror, returning the mirror to as built for our vehicles. I signed up for the evaluation and had a very convex mirror installed. After a week, I called to have the mirror removed as it was way to convex. So they convinced me to try a much more mild convex mirror. This new mirror was just great and I used it until called to remove it as the study was over. I pleaded with the mirror folks to allow me to keep the mirror as I really liked it. They relented and even gave me the adheasive strips to transfer the mirror to the next year model when I turned in the current vehicle. The only thing I commented on which others did was to remind drives that the the "Object in the mirror appears smaller than they are" or something to that extent. Many folks found this to be too different of a change, but the industry forged ahead and I am glad they did!

I still have the original experimental mirror packed away in my archives.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Yeah, I have the auto-folding on my Lariat which is nice but I wish the mirrors would tilt down a little in Reverse.
Tilt mirrors is a great feature. Our Hyundai Santa Fe has it.

When the mirror select switch is in either L or R, shifting to R tilts both mirrors down for a nice closeup side view. Shift to D and the mirrors tilt back up. Useful for parking, avoiding curbs, and preventing wheel carnage. When the switch is not in L or R, the mirrors stay put.

JohnUSA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Mine came with the Blind Spot Information System with trailer coverage. It standard on XLT and Lariat. These models with the blind spot mirror are the XL versions from what I understand. Based on the number in white, I would guess that they are on hand for a contractor.
I would still like to put a set of blind spot mirrors on mine, but have not found any that I felt were just gaudy.
Do you realize how few people know what "gaudy" (gaudi) means?

OP
OP
Ronbo

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Do you realize how few people know what "gaudy" (gaudi) means?
Even fewer know the origin of the word!
(it's NOT derived from Antoni Gaudí, designer of Barcelona's Sagrada Família Basilica, )
Sponsored