2019 Ranger will feature blind spot protection with trailer coverage

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
The all-new 2019 Ford Ranger will offer BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with trailer coverage to make towing easier and safer.

The driver will be able to set the length of the trailer and store up to three trailer profiles. Check it out in action.

DEARBORN, Mich., July 31, 2018 – When the all-new 2019 Ford Ranger goes on sale later this year, customers will be able to get innovative towing technology not available in any other midsize pickup.

Taking boats to the slip or ATVs to the dunes is easier with Ford Ranger’s class-exclusive Blind Spot Information System with trailer coverage. After hooking up a trailer, radar housed in Ranger’s taillights monitors blind spots all the way to the back of the trailer. The system keeps drivers informed of the presence of a vehicle in the truck’s blind spots until that vehicle passes.

Ranger can store up to three trailer profiles, including a trailer’s length, to let the radar system know how far back to provide warnings when another vehicle is traveling next to the trailer.

Ranger’s advanced Blind Spot Information System can tell the driver when vehicles are in the truck’s blind spot when a trailer is not attached as well. And thanks to its cross-traffic alert technology, the system can warn drivers of an oncoming vehicle when they are backing out of a parking spot.

Blind Spot Information System is standard on Ranger XLT and Lariat models.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-ranger-uses-radar-to-make-towing-easier.html
Sponsored

Nadeshot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Tacoma and '17 Mustang Ecoboost
That is pretty impressive. No other midsize truck has this feature and I think a lot of Ford fans will be all about it. It is great when you are towing anything really and the adjustable size makes sure you can see everything clearly keeping you and everyone else around you safe. Good call on them for adding in the feature!

K Knox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Occupation
Guitarist
Nice option. Do any other pickups regardless of size offer this technology? I like that it works even when trailer isn't attached, so it's like a standard blind spot monitoring system only with extended capability.

OwenL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mustang GT
Occupation
Long Island
Nice option. Do any other pickups regardless of size offer this technology? I like that it works even when trailer isn't attached, so it's like a standard blind spot monitoring system only with extended capability.
Yes here it is for the '18 F150. I think people tried to retrofit it on the pre-18 models but it couldnt be done so this is a nice option that can't currently be done in the aftermarket.

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0l
Occupation
Collision Repair Estimator
I wish this was only an option. I don't need or want these "features".
Sponsored