First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
How loud are they on the highway? I just got Michelin LTX put on mine, super quiet.
Haven't noticed a difference in noise yet from the stock Hankooks. I haven’t been over 40mph yet but doubt it’ll too noticeable if I didn’t at 40.

OP
OP
SilverSlugger

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Baking
any lift on it or stock?

It has the Fox 2.0 upgrade, so about 2 inches of lift in the front. I told them I wanted it level, so maybe only 1.5 inches in the front.

I've tested full lock going in reverse and forward, no rub.

I will say there's no way you could fit 285's on stock rims, the 275's are pretty close to the spindle.

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
How loud are they on the highway? I just got Michelin LTX put on mine, super quiet.
I'm running duratracs as well, and once they wear a bit I can definitely say they are a good bit louder. Mine start to really hum after about 45 mph, although I don't hear them much at 80 since wind noise takes over. But they do seem to vary in loudness, not sure why but some days they seem a good bit louder than others at like 50-60.

That being said, these aren't mud terrains so they're not THAT loud.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I'm also on Duratracs, and love them.

I'm running duratracs as well, and once they wear a bit I can definitely say they are a good bit louder. Mine start to really hum after about 45 mph, although I don't hear them much at 80 since wind noise takes over. But they do seem to vary in loudness, not sure why but some days they seem a good bit louder than others at like 50-60.

That being said, these aren't mud terrains so they're not THAT loud.
That's strange, especially that it is not constant. I don't notice much extra noise. Maybe it's a size, ply, P/LT or PSI difference. I'm running LT285/70-17 D rated at 37PSI.

Even switching to my winters, I don't notice any noise difference.
MWpEOAJ.jpg

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
I'm also on Duratracs, and love them.

That's strange, especially that it is not constant. I don't notice much extra noise. Maybe it's a size, ply, P/LT or PSI difference. I'm running LT285/70-17 D rated at 37PSI.

Even switching to my winters, I don't notice any noise difference.
MWpEOAJ.jpg
Could be, mine are p rated (couldn't argue with the price) at 265/70/17, so maybe the P compound is softer and therefore noisier. I keep my PSI around 35, but I'm not great at tracking it since i currently don't have tire pressure sensors.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I've always liked the looks of DuraTracs, but the constant complaints about road noise as they start to wear has kept me away.
Sponsored