Threads
Reaction score
Website
public.tableau.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Data Analyst
Less than 2 weeks on the road... I love watching people turn their heads. Watch the guy in the orange shirt. Don't think he was looking at the Chevy in front of me. He was checking out my new Ford Ranger! :clap:

Sponsored

Last edited:

Deleted member 1634

I don't really notice it since I'm usually paying attention to the road or the stop light or whatever, but my wife riding shotgun lets me know anytime someone gives it a head turn. I especially love when you can see their lips say "is that a new Ford Ranger?" haha!

A few of my favorites:
- First trip in the truck pulling our teardrop, it's a heck of a rig with all the orange and different and distinctive designs (both the truck and the camper) and we got so many head turns and visits at gas stations. Still do anytime we go out with it all.

- At the local Menards back lumber yard waiting at the gate to exit, a new HPR Ranger was going through the entrance side, nice and slowly checking out our truck. Probably because of the topper on that one.

- Just recently, this past weekend. Waiting at a stop light and a guy in his last gen Ram crossing left in front of us did the whole head turn and mouth the words.

- Heck even just had someone recognize the truck from the rear quarter panel in a picture of our camper I posted on the teardrop Facebook group page. Asked me about the towing and how I liked the truck.

I don't see many people doing this sort of thing with GM twins or Tacos. The GM twins are boring looking, and Tacos are a dime a dozen on the roads so they're not special. Even a modded Taco isn't really a head turner anymore.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
When you think about it, how much styling can you give a pick up truck? There's the front clip, cab, and a box. And of course your choice colors and trim.
How can a pick up then be turning heads? Well, here's what people tell me. "That's a damn good looking truck." I can live with that. :like:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I parked in front of my buddy's house. After I left his neighbor asked him if he bought a new truck. He said no it was a friends. The guy wanted to check it out.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I have had a lot of people turn and look at my Saber Ranger. I have had it since 4/8/19. Even recently a blue ranger owner at a stop light checking out my Saber as I was turning left . There are only 4 Sabers in my area so they are kinda rare.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
I had lots of compliments on the truck. People really like the looks and the color (hpr). My favorite is “I love how it’s not just another f150.” I thought it was an odd compliment but I understood what he was saying.

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
My best response was from a customer that I did electrical work for. He mentioned that he bought a new GMC pickup several months ago, and he was "okay" with his purchase. After stepping outside of his house, he eyed my new Ranger and mumbled, "I shoulda waited"!!! Lol!

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
If i can find the video, two guys riding horses went passed my house and can be heard talking about how much they like the truck in the driveway. First time i ever saw horses on the sidewalk either.

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2012 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Less than 2 weeks on the road... I love watching people turn their heads. Watch the guy in the orange shirt. Don't think he was looking at the Chevy in front of me. He was checking out my new Ford Ranger! :clap:
Congrats on the new Ranger! The video looks like it was shot on Lower Roswell Road.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I get it all the time here too, younger and older people and everything in between. My most recent one was Sunday when I had a first gen Ridgeline driver pull up beside at a red light and gave me a thumbs up and smile.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
They no longer turn heads here, the problem was they were sooo damm good looking, and nice to drive, that they sold in droves from day one, even toppling the mighty Toyota Hilux (Which has some sort of mythical status here) from the country's best selling vehicle some months, despite Ford charging a premium for them.

So now 10 years later they're really common, and no one pays attention unless it's a nicely tricked up example or has a 12" lift or something.

Funny thing is though, even though they are so common now, if you own one, and mine is still pretty much stock, apart from the bar work and canopy, people still walk up to you and say "nice truck"

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
I have had a lot of people turn and look at my Saber Ranger. I have had it since 4/8/19. Even recently a blue ranger owner at a stop light checking out my Saber as I was turning left . There are only 4 Sabers in my area so they are kinda rare.
Same here just none around .

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I mostly see fleet Rangers either owned by the county or private companies. Mostly XL extended cabs. I rarely see an "actual" owner of another Ranger.
Sponsored