New Members Introduce Yourself!

Rocinante

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4 302A, '99 BMW K1200RS
Hello from West TN! Picked up a brand new '20 XLT FX4 last month in Metallic Grey with the Technology and Black Appearance packages. Absolutely love the truck and this forum has been a great resource the past month! Just about have it broken in and I'm already having to keep my self from buying new mods haha. I've spent the last 15+ years owning and modding various Audi's, VW's, and BWM's, but doing so with a truck will definitely be different.
IMG_2201.jpeg
Sponsored

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Hello from West TN! Picked up a brand new '20 XLT FX4 last month in Metallic Grey with the Technology and Black Appearance packages. Absolutely love the truck and this forum has been a great resource the past month! Just about have it broken in and I'm already having to keep my self from buying new mods haha. I've spent the last 15+ years owning and modding various Audi's, VW's, and BWM's, but doing so with a truck will definitely be different.
IMG_2201.jpeg
Welcome :) I am also in recovery from decades of VW and BMW ownership. Will you be traveling with Charley, or Sancho?

Black Bart

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Hi, Chris here from Ohio. Just picked up my 2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 last weekend. My last ranger was a 1982 I bought new off the show room floor . I guess this is a country boys mid life crisis car lol. Already ditched the carpeted floor mats for some good rubber ones, and ordered custom fit seat covers, now to decide on a bed cover, then rims.Mine came with chrome ones and I don't have no time for cleaning chrome. :)

ScottE22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew FX4 Magnetic
Occupation
Education
Hi all - I made an unexpected purchase this week and it's currently parked in my garage. I'm the proud owner of a 2020 XLT SuperCrew with FX4 in Magnetic. I've got the 302A and the tow package and I couldn't be more pleased with the truck.

A year ago June I traded an F-150 SuperCrew for a Honda Accord Hybrid with the Touring package and (quite literally) all the options. Great car. 50 mpg which beat the heck out of the 12-14 I got in the F-150. We'd recently sold a camper so there was no reason to hold onto a gas guzzler just to use as a daily driver. But since then, little things kept giving me slight buyer's remorse. Stuff like having to basically take the wheels off my bike to get them into the trunk to get to the trail, having to buy bags of mulch instead of dumping a yard right into the bed, and not being able to take a bunch of tree clippings to the landfill without stinking up our RAV4. And, finally, one week ago, not being able to get out of our neighborhood even with winter tires after we had a crazy, early-season storm.

On Monday, I was so frustrated that I emailed the salesman we'd recently bought my wife's RAV4 Hybrid from and asked if he had any leftover 2020 Tacomas. He had a couple, but they weren't really dealing. Either way, I was about to put down $500 to hold one of the last 2020s that was inbound (with a manual tranny!). The salesman took Wednesday off which ended up being his mistake.

In the interim, I ended up reading a ton of great reviews on the Ranger and figured, why not? I sent a couple internet quote requests to a few local dealers and went to drive the truck after work. The rest was easy! They sent the deal with a nice amount for my trade by email Wednesday night. I debated on Thursday, did the only credit app on Thursday night, e-signed all the papers on Friday morning, and at lunchtime Friday my salesman drove the truck to my house and drove away in my trade. I literally never stepped inside the dealership and the entire transaction took less time than standing in a Costco line on a Saturday afternoon. I got a nicer truck with better equipment than the Taco I'd been looking at, and I got cash back plus 0%. Toyota wasn't even close.

They had a blue with the tech package, but I just couldn't see myself in that color. And it was also $900 of stuff that I likely won't miss. They also had a white and two silvers. But the magnetic just looks so cool.

I don't think I'll regret going Ford instead of Toyota, and the price was right. I gave up a very few of the niceties I had on the Accord, but I got a much more fun daily driver that's much better suited to the stuff we like to do.

I've been consuming all the info on this forum since last Wednesday and finally signed up. What a great place with a ton of great info!

First order of business is a Line-X. Then I'll consider some Blizzaks depending on how it handles the snow on the Hankooks.

Looking forward to connecting here.

IMG_1363.jpeg

IMG_1365.jpeg

Cat797 Man

First Name
Terry McDade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat 4WD 2014 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
Occupation
HEO
Hello from Northern Alberta.New oxford white Lariat in July but late to the posting game.Winter has arrived and removed runningboards and chrome wheels for winter.like the look without boards,Went with Michelin Xice on 17 inch wheels for winter.
Debadged and several addons done since purchase.More posts to follow in the future..Love the site

20201020_100410.jpg

20200831_194014.jpg

20201009_170421.jpg

nitro28

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Hello, I am James from Nebraska. I just got this 2020 Lariat which was not easy to find with the options and color I wanted due to all the Covid stuff. I ended up having to have it brought up from Arkansas to my dealer. I am downsizing from an F150 Lariat and so far I like the size of this truck a lot. So much easier to park. I've been lurking on the forum for a while and thought it was about time to start posting! I've added a few very minor upgrades like a tray in the center console, a bed mat, Tonneau Cover, Cell phone holder and the Black letters for the tailgate. Next up, I am hoping to fit a couple of light bars on either side of the ACC in the front bumper.

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Hello, I am James from Nebraska. I just got this 2020 Lariat which was not easy to find with the options and color I wanted due to all the Covid stuff. I ended up having to have it brought up from Arkansas to my dealer. I am downsizing from an F150 Lariat and so far I like the size of this truck a lot. So much easier to park. I've been lurking on the forum for a while and thought it was about time to start posting! I've added a few very minor upgrades like a tray in the center console, a bed mat, Tonneau Cover, Cell phone holder and the Black letters for the tailgate. Next up, I am hoping to fit a couple of light bars on either side of the ACC in the front bumper.

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg
Looks great.
Brian

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Hi all - I made an unexpected purchase this week and it's currently parked in my garage. I'm the proud owner of a 2020 XLT SuperCrew with FX4 in Magnetic. I've got the 302A and the tow package and I couldn't be more pleased with the truck.

A year ago June I traded an F-150 SuperCrew for a Honda Accord Hybrid with the Touring package and (quite literally) all the options. Great car. 50 mpg which beat the heck out of the 12-14 I got in the F-150. We'd recently sold a camper so there was no reason to hold onto a gas guzzler just to use as a daily driver. But since then, little things kept giving me slight buyer's remorse. Stuff like having to basically take the wheels off my bike to get them into the trunk to get to the trail, having to buy bags of mulch instead of dumping a yard right into the bed, and not being able to take a bunch of tree clippings to the landfill without stinking up our RAV4. And, finally, one week ago, not being able to get out of our neighborhood even with winter tires after we had a crazy, early-season storm.

On Monday, I was so frustrated that I emailed the salesman we'd recently bought my wife's RAV4 Hybrid from and asked if he had any leftover 2020 Tacomas. He had a couple, but they weren't really dealing. Either way, I was about to put down $500 to hold one of the last 2020s that was inbound (with a manual tranny!). The salesman took Wednesday off which ended up being his mistake.

In the interim, I ended up reading a ton of great reviews on the Ranger and figured, why not? I sent a couple internet quote requests to a few local dealers and went to drive the truck after work. The rest was easy! They sent the deal with a nice amount for my trade by email Wednesday night. I debated on Thursday, did the only credit app on Thursday night, e-signed all the papers on Friday morning, and at lunchtime Friday my salesman drove the truck to my house and drove away in my trade. I literally never stepped inside the dealership and the entire transaction took less time than standing in a Costco line on a Saturday afternoon. I got a nicer truck with better equipment than the Taco I'd been looking at, and I got cash back plus 0%. Toyota wasn't even close.

They had a blue with the tech package, but I just couldn't see myself in that color. And it was also $900 of stuff that I likely won't miss. They also had a white and two silvers. But the magnetic just looks so cool.

I don't think I'll regret going Ford instead of Toyota, and the price was right. I gave up a very few of the niceties I had on the Accord, but I got a much more fun daily driver that's much better suited to the stuff we like to do.

I've been consuming all the info on this forum since last Wednesday and finally signed up. What a great place with a ton of great info!

First order of business is a Line-X. Then I'll consider some Blizzaks depending on how it handles the snow on the Hankooks.

Looking forward to connecting here.

IMG_1363.jpeg

IMG_1365.jpeg
Beautiful truck, love that color.
I think you will be very happy with the switch.
Brian

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
I'm Doug and although I've had my Ranger since early September and have been binge reading on ranger5g.com, I'm finally getting around to saying hello. Mods to date. Suntek PPF, full frontal, mirrors, etc. Red vinyl front end and dash lettering. NFAB EPYX step bars, Backflip MX4 tonneau, Bedrug, Ford molded mud flaps and, the best mod of them all, the Fox tuned by Ford Performance 2.0 Level Kit. Absolutely love the change in ride this kit provided. Next up, slightly bigger, more aggressive tires. 265/65R17 Hankooks will likely be replaced with 265/70R17's. BFG AT KO's.

PXL_20201101_205130272.jpg

PXL_20201012_163102901.jpg

Rocinante

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4 302A, '99 BMW K1200RS
Welcome :) I am also in recovery from decades of VW and BMW ownership. Will you be traveling with Charley, or Sancho?
Sorry for the late reply. Got busy with work and life in general.

Glad to see someone understood the reference to my profile name! :clap: Although, I have to admit, it was primarily in reference to two of my favorite books: Don Quixote and The Expanse series. Both of which rely on the ever underestimated Rocinante to ferry the protagonist/protagonists on their knightly adventures. After a quick google search, I know understand where Charley fits in. Seeing as how this truck will eventually serve as a way for my wife and I (and our Collie mix) to vacation while pulling a camper, find it quite fitting. Thank you! I've added Travels With Charley to my reading list!

Pucksterpete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Occupation
Retired
I'm Pete, an American living in France with his French wife & kids.
I drive a 2017 Wildtrak. Needed something to make me feel American on these French roads.
Enjoy reading the mods that members here have added.
My first mod from this forum has been the folding mirrors. Also added the electric tailgate lock mod.
Here some pics
20201107_161438.jpg

20201107_161323.jpg

20201107_161331.jpg

20201107_161405.jpg

Last edited:

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Hi folks....I am targeting a new ranger, probably a super cab 4x4 lariat with technology/tow/sport in white/silver/magnetic. TIA for all who have posted information here as I am slowly reading lots of entries. TomC.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi folks....I am targeting a new ranger, probably a super cab 4x4 lariat with technology/tow/sport in white/silver/magnetic. TIA for all who have posted information here as I am slowly reading lots of entries. TomC.
Hi Tom,

You have reached the vault of information on Ranger as the folks here are both knowledgeable and helpful. That said...hold on to your wallet for mods....it can get expensive.

I hope your purchasing will be a new Ranger and you will find it serves you well.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored