First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Ok you guys I joined the dam, I mean dampener club. On order.

I also got the trailer brake controller.
You'll be happy you did Andy, and I know your dog will thank you. The hp gains alone is well worth the minimal investment. The first time you open the tailgate with the damper installed is a magical moment.
Sponsored

DRVMN

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Occupation
High School Mathematics Instructor
+1 on the tailgate damper! It was the first modification I added to my Ranger. Greetings from Minnesota!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hello, I am a new member here but not new to Rangers . I had a 1998 Ranger 4x4 that sucked with the vacuum engaged front axles. Stupid design. I had a 2005 F150 Screw 5.4 engine 3 valve with a 4 inch Rancho lift and 35 tires which I gave to my Granddaughter. I drove it for 15 years until I got my 2021 Rapid Red Ranger Lariat FX4 on May 1st with the 502A package (my wife wanted heated seats). I thought I would settle because F150's were priced out of our range, particularly with market mark up of 5k. I was like "Meh" because I never test drove one....

Fast forward 2 months and I'm just loving it!! It's not an F150 but I can't crawl into a lifted truck easily any more but so what. There are a couple of goofy things that could have been done better like those 2 power receptacles by the front bin, chrome lug nuts with the black appearance package and no electric opening of the rear sliding window. The tail gate has already bonked my dog in then head and knocked a bag of groceries out of my wife's hands.

I basically paid the same amount of money for this as I paid for my F150 15 years ago. Both have have the same basic HP and torque but this has less weight, similar tow capacity but the technology is wow!!! Ok I gave up significant ground clearance but my wife just can't do desert flying anymore. We're getting to the RV stage of our life.

I see a lot of whining and complaining about the goofiest stuff here. Get over it, this really is a technological wonder and nothing is perfect...

My wife calls me a 65 year old juvenile delinquent because I love the way this drives!!!

Enjoy all, find your path and share
Welcome, Sir!

OP
OP
canyonslicker

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Yeah I went through my midlife crisis 15 years ago with an F150 FX4 with a 4 inch Rancho suspension lift, 20 inch wheels, 35 inch tires, tuner and ghost flames and few other mods… A great desert flyer bolting through Death Valley backroads at 50-60 mph, some great air time and it came back asking for more. Winter snow travel was a cake walk, ice and all. I gave it to my 24 year old granddaughter with 3 young boys when picked up my Ranger. Dealership offered 6.5 grand as trade but she needed to haul the boys around. A no brainer for us.

That truck was a dream that came true!!!

So far I really like my new Ranger knowing it’s not or never will be as capable as that but it has the all of the underpinnings that will more than satisfy our future needs and wants. A few modest and minor mods will make it’s capability where I need/want it.

The suspension needs work but that’s down the road for me.

I love driving this thing!!! I just hope it holds up over time.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Yeah I went through my midlife crisis 15 years ago with an F150 FX4 with a 4 inch Rancho suspension lift, 20 inch wheels, 35 inch tires, tuner and ghost flames and few other mods… A great desert flyer bolting through Death Valley backroads at 50-60 mph, some great air time and it came back asking for more. Winter snow travel was a cake walk, ice and all. I gave it to my 24 year old granddaughter with 3 young boys when picked up my Ranger. Dealership offered 6.5 grand as trade but she needed to haul the boys around. A no brainer for us.

That truck was a dream that came true!!!

So far I really like my new Ranger knowing it’s not or never will be as capable as that but it has the all of the underpinnings that will more than satisfy our future needs and wants. A few modest and minor mods will make it’s capability where I need/want it.

The suspension needs work but that’s down the road for me.

I love driving this thing!!! I just hope it holds up over time.
If it makes you feel better, Phil said it’s tested to 150k miles with no major repairs to the 90th percentile.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Is that like 1 out of 10 fail?;):crackup:
Hahaha. If you want a serious answer, it’s 90% of customers, not exactly a 1 in 10 fail rate if you drive it normally. Even less chance than 1 in 10 if you are normal with it, also it was tested in a “work type usage setting” iirc or I’m speaking out my ass now. Probably people like us tuning, driving like bat out of hell, blowing gaskets, actual off-roaders and etc probably make up that 10 percentile of customers who use it “extremely” and more likely to have a major repair.

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to the Gang

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just dropped the film off at Fotomat for one day developing…
Boy oh boy that brings back memories! These use to be all over the place in the 80's. I can see some on this forum going wtf are those? o_O

Fotomat Booth.jpg

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Boy oh boy that brings back memories! These use to be all over the place in the 80's. I can see some on this forum going wtf are those? o_O

Fotomat Booth.jpg
Hey... Back to The Future!!?
Sponsored