New Member - New Ranger!!

Filobeddoe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hello ALL!! Greg here. I have been lurking on this awesome forum for the last month or two to answer a question.
The question: Do I replace my 2006 Tacoma Prerunner with a new Tacoma -or- maybe a RANGER??
The answer: While I loved my Tacoma.... the new Ranger seemed worthy of a closer look. The decision was made yesterday when I bought a 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4!!! (photo below)
So far I think I made a GREAT choice (except for the tailgait gap I discovered today)
:shock:
I look forward to being a longtime member
20200523_153420.jpg
Sponsored

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Hello ALL!! Greg here. I have been lurking on this awesome forum for the last month or two to answer a question.
The question: Do I replace my 2006 Tacoma Prerunner with a new Tacoma -or- maybe a RANGER??
The answer: While I loved my Tacoma.... the new Ranger seemed worthy of a closer look. The decision was made yesterday when I bought a 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4!!! (photo below)
So far I think I made a GREAT choice (except for the tailgait gap I discovered today)
20200523_153420.jpg
congrats on the new truck!!!! but erase this forums link asap ...... and don't look back!!! you will see so many things and ideas on this board that you will wind up wanting! :clap:

your gonna love the new truck!!!! a lot of great ideas and advice on here!!!!! welcome

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
20200523_153420.jpg
Excellent choice! :like:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
20200523_153420.jpg
Welcome.....Wise choice! The drivetrain on the Ranger is so much better than the newer Tacoma. Best thing I ever did was trade my 2016 Tacoma for my Ranger. Like T Bone said open up your wallet as you'll be buying stuff you didn't think you needed. lol

OP
OP

Filobeddoe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
congrats on the new truck!!!! but erase this forums link asap ...... and don't look back!!! you will see so many things and ideas on this board that you will wind up wanting! :clap:

your gonna love the new truck!!!! a lot of great ideas and advice on here!!!!! welcome
Heh, yes I know! BUT any wallet drainng will be necessary and well considered (so as not to upset my better half :sunglasses:)
AND unfortunately my new truck was only "partially loaded" - a couple items were missing .... no tonneau cover and a bare painted bed.

OP
OP

Filobeddoe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Welcome.....Wise choice! The drivetrain on the Ranger is so much better than the newer Tacoma. Best thing I ever did was trade my 2016 Tacoma for my Ranger. Like T Bone said open up your wallet as you'll be buying stuff you didn't think you needed. lol
Heh! Yes, the only question is whether I do all the wallet draining "stuff" right away - or space it out...
About the drive train, I agree. Difference between night and day.
BTW I erred in my initial post. I had a 2005 (not 2006) .

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
The Tacoma Prerunner was a stiff and jittery ride imo. But an excellent dependable truck otherwise. Ford really did their homework with this truck. You made a smart choice Greg.
Sponsored