First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Anybody had to replace their Factory brakes yet? How many miles? Did they turn the rotors?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I recently passed 35,000 miles and my brakes are still doing great on my truck. I think the rear are at 8MM and the front are at 9MM. Sounds crazy but it is true. If anything I may change to EBC when they bring their kit out on the market.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
im at 32000km and at my last oil change they noted minimal wear and remarked they looked almost new....either they are clowns, or I'm looking at a 100K brake job.
I checked mine at my 25000(S)mile oil change & they looked really good. We also own a 2017 Kia Sportage & at 75000 miles I believe I will get 100,000 out of them. ? I know it does not comepair to the Ranger.

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I recently passed 35,000 miles and my brakes are still doing great on my truck. I think the rear are at 8MM and the front are at 9MM. Sounds crazy but it is true. If anything I may change to EBC when they bring their kit out on the market.
What's the best way to check the pad thickness?

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Probably not the best way but I just eyeball em, if there is ware indicator grove if its almost gone or the pad is close to there backing plate time to go. Also check brake fluid level usually the less pad left the fluid level will drop. Just my opinion & it has not stopped me from being wrong before. The best is probably to measure them if you know what the measurements should be when new.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you havent gotten one yet get one of the brake pad gauges at the auto patrs store. Lisle has a good one for an inexpensive price at O'Reilly. It will allow you to check with the wheels on but it is easier to have the wheels off.

Hope this helps

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Probably not the best way but I just eyeball em, if there is ware indicator grove if its almost gone or the pad is close to there backing plate time to go. Also check brake fluid level usually the less pad left the fluid level will drop. Just my opinion & it has not stopped me from being wrong before. The best is probably to measure them if you know what the measurements should be when new.
Most of these are good ways to check in general. Also to my understanding most vehicles have brakes pads at 8-10mm thickness when new. What really heps these trucks is the 10 speed transmission doing a great job at downshifting. That that happening you use less brakes in general.
Sponsored