Never buying AFE again

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Well after having issues with my intercooler pipes with the truck and emailing AFE and getting zero help or concern from them i will never buy another AFE product again. Its too bad a company like that wouldn't at least try and help. The hole for the blow off valve were not even drilled properly and the cold side clamps were pretty much too small and barely fit. Performance wise i love them but quality and fitment was poor in my opinion.
Sponsored

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
Bought both as well and did notice the holes for the BOV were a little off. Have yet to put the intercooler pipes on. Fingers crossed for a decent install.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Well after having issues with my intercooler pipes with the truck and emailing AFE and getting zero help or concern from them i will never buy another AFE product again. Its too bad a company like that wouldn't at least try and help. The hole for the blow off valve were not even drilled properly and the cold side clamps were pretty much too small and barely fit. Performance wise i love them but quality and fitment was poor in my opinion.
Only had issue with the clamp (too small) but not complaining...I reused the factory clamps...performing well over 25,000 miles so no worry...

Last edited:

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth it has been my experience that very few aftermarket parts fits as well as OEM.
I presume aftermarket doesn't have the OEM engineering drawings so they make the parts to fit actual pieces that don't take into account tolerance stack up.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Bolt pattern is not equidistant. Have you tried turning the bypass valve?

OP
OP
Chrisr24

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
It makes me more annoyed that AFE has the worst customer service and in no way has tried to help or make anything right. I turned the bypass valve multiple ways and it didnt line up at all nor did the stock one. Just disappointed in their customer service. If you go on their fb page its a lot of negative reviews which i wish i would of found before ordering from them.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I guess their jig is off now. Mine fit fine. The side that goes to the TB definitely tight. I reused the stock clamp for that. Everything else fit.

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
AFE is a huge company. You tend to lose customer service and quality when you get really big and have parts for every car.

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
My AFE catback Exhaust kit sucked on my 2014 F150. Clamps were all unusable. AFE :thumbsdown:

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
On the 2.8 duramax colorados the boost tubes leaked from the AFE logo welds. Those with CCV intact could see oil seeping from them.
Sponsored