RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Dammit. How much more clearance is needed for the GFB?
Sponsored

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
Could one clearance the under hood insulation to allow figment?
Kinda disappointed in the fitment quality shown in the pictures. You’d think there would have been a bit more effort put in

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
I pushed the hot side in as far as I could to get more clearance but it still hits the hood insulation. Also tried to point the valve in a different direction so the plug wouldn’t be the highest point but the holes only line up in that specific pattern. So for now it touches the hood insulation but the hood shuts. How much pressure is on the valve? Hard to say but I’ll run it like this and see if it survives.

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
I'll let you know when mine gets here:like:
It sounds like, to you, the Ford warranty is a side issue. I could be very wrong. Do you know how far we can mod the size of these pipes and still be covered be the ford warranty?

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I pushed the hot side in as far as I could to get more clearance but it still hits the hood insulation. Also tried to point the valve in a different direction so the plug wouldn’t be the highest point but the holes only line up in that specific pattern. So for now it touches the hood insulation but the hood shuts. How much pressure is on the valve? Hard to say but I’ll run it like this and see if it survives.
Get a chance to see what's it looking like after a few days? Btw, any seat of the pants improvements?

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like, to you, the Ford warranty is a side issue. I could be very wrong. Do you know how far we can mod the size of these pipes and still be covered be the ford warranty?
Yes and no. I've been tossing care to the wind since I turbo'd my new 86 CRX and all of my cars subsequent to that. Never had to test using warranty for anything related to my tinkering but many have cited the Magnuson Moss Act as their cover. And it appears that I'm not the only risk taker here at Ranger5G:giggle:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get a chance to see what's it looking like after a few days? Btw, any seat of the pants improvements?
Ehh just popped the hood. Its leaving an indent in the hood insulation but so far its not causing any issues. I suppose long term the plug/wires will get worn down. Should be good to go for as long as ill keep it, haha.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Ehh just popped the hood. Its leaving an indent in the hood insulation but so far its not causing any issues. I suppose long term the plug/wires will get worn down. Should be good to go for as long as ill keep it, haha.
Mine seems to clear a bit more than yours. I suppose you can trim the elbow down some that attaches to the turbo and bring it down.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine seems to clear a bit more than yours. I suppose you can trim the elbow down some that attaches to the turbo and bring it down.
Yeah I considered it but I don’t want to cut off the barb that helps retain the coupling. Can you send me a picture or a measurement of your riser coming out of the pipe for the bypass valve? I’m betting mine is longer. Looks to be “eyeballed” by a fabricator at afe.

As for any improvements... I’d say it is louder in the air sucking department. As for the butt dyno I can say pulls a little harder up top and right off a boosted launch. Having the truck tuned exposes the factory tubings flow restriction more than stock. (Obviously) The downpipe will be here soon and with a faster turbo spool I think it will be more noticeable with the charge pipes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Yeah I considered it but I don’t want to cut off the barb that helps retain the coupling. Can you send me a picture or a measurement of your riser coming out of the pipe for the bypass valve? I’m betting mine is longer. Looks to be “eyeballed” by a fabricator at afe.

As for any improvements... I’d say it is louder in the air sucking department. As for the butt dyno I can say pulls a little harder up top and right off a boosted launch. Having the truck tuned exposes the factory tubings flow restriction more than stock. (Obviously) The downpipe will be here soon and with a faster turbo spool I think it will be more noticeable with the charge pipes.
Not cut the pipe. Cut the silicone elbow. There's quite a bit of extra material where it goes on the turbo. I'm sure these are built on a jig. They can't have variations in these. Look at my build thread for photos.

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
If you guys could send us pics of it hitting
I would be happy yo talk to AFE about a fix since the DV+ is so popular they need to know.

we got these added to the site as well for anyone in the future needing a go to for them :)

Thank you

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Mine barely makes an impression on the hood insulation.

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
What’s the word on these? Did AFE adjust the sizing of the pipes?
Sponsored