First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Shouldn't this thread be in off-topic, its about a battery mine and nothing specific to the Ford Ranger. Kind just seems like a thread where people want to hear themselves talk and post spam picutures / memes.

We need to keep order around here, we can't have colorful conversations outside the mundane in the inappropriate areas of this forum.

Edit: Or better yet, here is a 2 year old thread about Ford and its future lineups regarding battery power;

Merge it into this;

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/a-new-era-in-vehicles.14824/

Ya'll think bandwidth grows on trees round' here?
Awwww, come on...you know the average thread goes for 4-6 posts before it goes totally off the rails...
Surprised no one has brought up the excess belly button lint found under the back seat storage areas...that in itself has a direct link to lithium mining.
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Awwww, come on...you know the average thread goes for 4-6 posts before it goes totally off the rails...
Surprised no one has brought up the excess belly button lint found under the back seat storage areas...that in itself has a direct link to lithium mining.
Yea I know. It is just my way of demonstrating, while counter-intuitive, the term discretionary can still bare some level of even-handed standards and logic.

If what I just said makes no sense due to lack of context, its because it doesn't. I am in a foul mood today.

Trust me, I'm from the government. :LOL:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Yea I know. It is just my way of demonstrating, while counter-intuitive, the term discretionary can still bare some level of even-handed standards and logic.

If what I just said makes no sense due to lack of context, its because it doesn't. I am in a foul mood today.

Trust me, I'm from the government. :LOL:
Now you’ve done it!
Monday first thing 0700 checkin with your Mental health practitioner. Can’t be having any loose cannons out there!

Carry on! ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
NV has received up to 700 million dollar government loan to build its Rhyolite Ridge lithium mining project in Nevada.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2023...hoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

There is just one operating lithium mine in the United States -- the Silver Peak brine mine in Nevada, owned by North Carolina-based Albemarle. It's estimated it produces less than 2% of the world's lithium. Most of the world's lithium is mined in South America (brine mining) and Australia (hard-rock mining), while China largely controls the refining of lithium and EV battery production.

Like Albemarle's U.S. lithium mine, Ioneer's Rhyolite Ridge is also located within the Silver Peak Range in Esmeralda County, Nevada. However, Ioneer's project will be a hard-rock mining operation -- the deposits are lithium-boron -- not a brine mining operation like Albemarle's.

Ioneer touts that its Nevada project has the potential to be one of the lower-cost producers of lithium. The reasons it cites relate to its planned processes and the fact that it will also generate revenue from its sales of boric acid, which it plans to produce from the boron it mines.

Ioneer has some buyers lined up for its expected lithium carbonate production at Rhyolite Ridge. It has offtake agreements with terms of three to five years in place with Ford Motor Company, Prime Planet Energy & Solutions (a battery manufacturing joint venture between Toyota and Panasonic), and South Korea's EcoPro Innovation, a major manufacturer and supplier of battery cathode materials.
Sponsored