Gecko157

Gecko157

First Name
AA-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Gecko... where did you find an opening in the fire wall? Is there a gromit there to push the wires into the cab?
Thank you
Made my own

Went through on the passenger side, the ranger has too much crap on the drivers side under the hood. Couldn’t find a place on the drivers side under the hood that I liked under that mess.
Sponsored

kyavic626

First Name
victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger xlt
Had some people notice and ask about my install.

This was the first mod I did. 4 pods installed below the bumper.

been running 6 months. No blockage or issues with the adaptive cruise or pre collision assist.

I used the universal mounts that came with the lights. I installed them where the push pins are for the bumper trim. Remove the pins and used the nut and bolts from the rigid kit. Very easy mod. I would recommend taking the grill out or if you have long arms the top cover and middle insert for the grill out.

Ran the wiring harness through the firewall on the passenger side, spliced the harness to lengthen it a few feet. Couldn’t find a good spot on the drivers side. The drivers side is incredibly cramped under the hood. Upped the fuse to a 30amp.

The 2 outter lights are floods and the inner set are spots. Bright AF. No issues 6 months later. Don’t be a dick and drive with these on around traffic.

My Ranger now has all of the lights, all of them

BACB4EA6-9CB8-4E4B-B9FD-82A938EAB042.jpeg

63943674-2E55-4282-9B9F-17BD17671BD7.jpeg

D0E5FBAE-1A51-4FA5-957A-DF6336881E85.jpeg
Does anybody knows if the DD SS3 fits on those spots . I am planning to put ss3s or somebody have them installed. Need help with all your comments. Thanks.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Ok.thanks. is there enough slack to adjust up /down. Did you tap it to your high beam switch?
There is enough room to adjust.
I have a Tremor and I used one of the upfitter switches for this. I also ran an extra set of wires to the same spot should I want to add a second set in the future. There is plenty of space for that and not have worry about adaptive cruise control radar sensor.

kyavic626

First Name
victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger xlt
There is enough room to adjust.
I have a Tremor and I used one of the upfitter switches for this. I also ran an extra set of wires to the same spot should I want to add a second set in the future. There is plenty of space for that and not have worry about adaptive cruise control radar sensor.
ok last question , did you bolt it on those push pins that are in thr upper side ?

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
ok last question , did you bolt it on those push pins that are in thr upper side ?
I did not. I wanted the lights recessed so they were flush with the trim. I used three pieces of 1x1 aluminum angle. I mounted a vertical piece to the bumper brackets to the left and right of the opening. To those, I attached a horizontal piece.

kyavic626

First Name
victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger xlt
I did not. I wanted the lights recessed so they were flush with the trim. I used three pieces of 1x1 aluminum angle. I mounted a vertical piece to the bumper brackets to the left and right of the opening. To those, I attached a horizontal piece.
[/QUOTE
ok thanks for the info. much appreciated

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
That's how I mounted mine...that grille trim isn't going anywhere lol...

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase