Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The picture doesn’t do it justice. Picture show lo beams on and then with lo beams and driving lights. They are insanely bright, I know they are angled correctly but I’m still getting flashed by a lot of other drivers.....which I don’t like...:I don’t want to the that guy with blinding other drivers.

C7348E22-5604-4E60-97E1-7661580019AF.jpeg

4AEC8C3A-56CC-4F0A-91EF-50B95B56E7A8.jpeg
They appear to be aimed too high. Notice how much higher the light is on the distant trees in the 2nd picture than with just the low beams.
Sponsored

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
They appear to be aimed too high. Notice how much higher the light is on the distant trees in the 2nd picture than with just the low beams.
The right one was a little too high but not much. I have since changed it. The output is immeasurable brighter compared to the stock LED’s. They are brighter than the LED low beams on my Lariat.

Last edited:

Bzmustang13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Bumping this as I can't seem to find the answer. Does anyone remember the connector type for the fog lights? I think they are H11, but I could very well be wrong.

Figured I ask before I get in there and can't complete the job without the right adaptor on hand.

I ask because I got the Rigid Ford Performance spots from Ford installed by the dealer, has the new Rigid-specific housing. However, I want to swap the spots for some SAE compliant selective yellows and move the spots up to the A-pillars. I really miss good fogs in the heavy rain etc.

The Rigid lights have a deutsch connector, so I think I just need to get an adaptor for an easy swap.

Edit: These are H11. Carry on :like:

Last edited:

TuggerNutz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes
So going through the bottom. Did you have to remove the air dam (whatever that plastic thing in front of the wheel is called) and skid plate? Did you have to unscrew the crash bar to get more wiggle room? Should I also get some spacers?

MNIKKILA

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Video Production/Creative
Had a dealer install the lights because I was having a helluva time getting to the area on the ground in my garage. They installed and told me there was very limited space in there. When I got home and fired it up the driver's side isn't working. I'm going to take it back and have them look at it and have called Diode Dynamics already... but wondering if anyone has had this issue as well? TIA (all lights have been replaced with LED, from either Diode Dynamics or Headlight Revolution)

MNIKKILA

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Question for all of you. I ended up having a shop do my lights when it was in there for some other maintenance stuff. Did anyone run into issues with their lights not working? I have a driver's side pod not working at all. They checked and when I left the shop they were fine but now they aren't working whatsoever... I called Diode and I have to check connections then send it... it's just a major PITA just wanted to see if any of you ran into the same situation... TIA.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
Question for all of you. I ended up having a shop do my lights when it was in there for some other maintenance stuff. Did anyone run into issues with their lights not working? I have a driver's side pod not working at all. They checked and when I left the shop they were fine but now they aren't working whatsoever... I called Diode and I have to check connections then send it... it's just a major PITA just wanted to see if any of you ran into the same situation... TIA.
When I first installed them I noticed that the lights didn’t work and turns out the plugs needed to be plugged the other way around. Works fine now. If that’s not it, could be a warranty issue.

MNIKKILA

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
When I first installed them I noticed that the lights didn’t work and turns out the plugs needed to be plugged the other way around. Works fine now. If that’s not it, could be a warranty issue.
What your suggesting is one could have a polarity issue? They said it was working before it left the shop… so if it was a polarity issue it wouldn’t have worked though right?

TuggerNutz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes
What your suggesting is one could have a polarity issue? They said it was working before it left the shop… so if it was a polarity issue it wouldn’t have worked though right?
It might have wiggled out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Either back of light or the pig tail to wire. It is a pain to hook up though. I found the best way for me was to lay perpendicular and reach and do it by feel.

MNIKKILA

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Yeah that’s what I was trying too. I’m going to drop it off tomorrow and if it doesn’t get sorted we have a DIY garage space with lifts I might take the waffling out and just give it a go trying to figure it all out.
Sponsored