OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Dealerls story now is he WAS supposed to collect taxes, but he SHOULD have sent ME the check with the paperwork . Check is coming today , DMV trip tomorrow. Truck will be legal in WV, (Thats the best I can do on sentance structure)
Im working on a joke for that thread , then the grammer police can get some well needed rest.

I did say I was going to see this thread out , I would suggest no one respond ,to make me go away faster. Anyone who does respond will be responsible for at least one more post from ME! You really want to carry that bucket ? Here ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Elmosaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger (SCrew Lariat Tremor)
Dealerls story now is he WAS supposed to collect taxes, but he SHOULD have sent ME the check with the paperwork . Check is coming today , DMV trip tomorrow. Truck will be legal in WV, (Thats the best I can do on sentance structure)
Glad there will be resolution for you. Maybe have the wife politely ask for some form of compensation for all the trouble and time off that had to be taken to go to the WV DMV; maybe a few free oil changes, or $250 in service dept credit. (which would pay for a Trans Fluid Checkup :p )

At least now you can go shop for that Raptor grill you wanted. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Im working on a joke for that thread , then the grammer police can get some well needed rest.

I did say I was going to see this thread out , I would suggest no one respond ,to make me go away faster. Anyone who does respond will be responsible for at least one more post from ME! You really want to carry that bucket ? Here ?
I'm glad it's working out for you and hopefully now you can enjoy your truck. Trust me I know life doesn't always go so easy but when you step back and chill for a while then reassess things they usually tend to work themself out. Maybe you can get that new grille and post some pictures and jump into other threads. Just don't change your screen name again we're all kind of use to this one now. ??

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Ill
I've been double taxed on a vehicle before. My old Honda was paid off free and clear when I moved to NC. NC has a hefty vehicle "use tax", I think instead of sales tax. So when I first registered the car here, I had to pay up, even though it was long paid off and I had paid all my sales taxes from the state where I bought it.

Can't say I've ever bought a vehicle outside the state where I lived at the time, though.

When I bought my Ranger in NC, that use tax was baked into the financing and whatnot, so it didn't seem as impactful.
Illinois now taxes the seller on a dealer trade-in the same as a private sale. Robbery.

Kino

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat, '21 BS BL, '18 GC, '74 Ghia
Occupation
Chair Warmer
Ill
Illinois now taxes the seller on a dealer trade-in the same as a private sale. Robbery.
Is that if you do a dealer trade with an Illinois dealer?

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
Oh, I have no doubt that I'll eventually get a dampener. Right now, without the truck, it's easy for me to say "who needs that? Old pickups didn't have them and those tailgates were massively heavy. I'd have to be a real weenie to get that dampener thing."

BUT ... I also know that since I seem to be unable to use a non-slow-close toilet seat, the same will happen with the tailgate. And I'll eventually rationalize enough that it'll be one of the smartest things I've ever done. =D
I like the toilet seat analogy :crackup: :like:

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Is that if you do a dealer trade with an Illinois dealer?
Yep. Or even if you trade with an out of state dealer and they list it as a trade (as opposed to a down payment) on the sales record.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Ill
After a $10,000 exemption. Not defending IllAnnoy, just clarifying!
Its still the most corrupt and possibly the most oppressive state in the union.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I'm glad it's working out for you and hopefully now you can enjoy your truck. Trust me I know life doesn't always go so easy but when you step back and chill for a while then reassess things they usually tend to work themself out. Maybe you can get that new grille and post some pictures and jump into other threads. Just don't change your screen name again we're all kind of use to this one now. ??
Amen AZScorpion! "... life doesn't always go easy ..."

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I like the toilet seat analogy :crackup: :like:
I accidentally replaced an existing slow-close with a regular one, but both me and the wife kept dropping it. And that crash sound is really jarring in those situations. Lordy, we both kept saying we could deal with it, after all, the majority of our lives have been with normal toilet seats! And we got a tiny bit better, but after "toughing" it out for two weeks, I went and got a slow-close. This has the be one of the most wasteful spending things in my life - all for a toilet seat. Good grief, I'm failing as a human.

And who knew that a Ranger forum would bring out this type of issue!

Now if DeeZee made one for a toilet seat, I may have saved some money ...

Last edited:

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x2
I live in Kentucky, but bought a car in Georgia once. They had to collect the taxes because I financed the car (even though I didn't put the tax amount in my loan.) The dealer sent me a check with the registration made out to the County Clerk where I needed to register the car in Kentucky. Georgia had higher taxes and the County Clerk had to give me a refund. Pretty stupid policy, but maybe unavoidable if dealer financing is involved. I guess the creditor wants to assure that it gets registered somewhere.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.