First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Have a MY22 Lariat and just joined the FORSCAN CLUB and looking for suggested changes.

Already did Bambi and SOC to 90% and since I have the FP tune I did the FP Splash Screen.

Any other hidden features to unlock or suggestions?
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Have a MY22 Lariat and just joined the FORSCAN CLUB and looking for suggested changes.

Already did Bambi and SOC to 90% and since I have the FP tune I did the FP Splash Screen.

Any other hidden features to unlock or suggestions?
Turn off double honk if you close door with truck running

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Yeah, double honk, and you can disable fake engine noise. Some people had it on, some off, so you may or may not need to disable it.

Corner light mode to turn on fogs in direction of turn.

Secure idle

Probably some others but I don't have my list handy for what I've done on mine, but I only did a handful.

Harrisz162

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford ranger
What's secure idle?

Yeah, double honk, and you can disable fake engine noise. Some people had it on, some off, so you may or may not need to disable it.

Secure idle

Probably some others but I don't have my list handy for what I've done on mine, but I only did a handful.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
What's secure idle?
If you have keyless ignition, it prevents moving the gear out of N if the key fob isn't near. So you can walk away from the truck and no one can steel it.

It can sometimes be a nuisance though. I will come home, take groceries in the house, forget about it and drop my keys and wallet off, then go back to put the truck in the garage and can't drive it. Usually I turn the trunk off anyway and I've done it enough to remember to not drop off the Fob, but sometimes I still forget.

Look in the electronics forum, and there are several forscan threads. One is call somethink like crowdsourced blah blah blah. There's a whole list of settings people have figured out how to use.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

Secure idle

I turned on corner mode fogs too. I don't find it super helpful.

What would be helpful is if I took it one step further and tapped into the fog lights and used them to trigger the ditch lights on the corresponding side. IE, the lights could still be triggered from inside the cab, full on. But I could also use them at night on back roads as cornering lights

Of course, after all that work, it would probably just be easier to have cornering lights installed. either alongside the ditch lights or on the ends of the bumper to get the light a bit further out front, and off to the side of the truck. . . and those would just get flicked on at night when on backroads. . .