Skylais

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Hi all,
I read items on this forum quite frequently, glad to have finally joined. Anyhow, I have a few issues/complaints I’ve noticed and was wondering if anyone else has similar observations.
Lariat 2wd (18 inch) MFG 2/19 - How can I tell the exact manufacture date to know if I might be in scope of TSB-19-2052-2019?

1. I have heard an almost grinding noise come out of the front driver side wheel area whenever turning. This has happened 2-3 times now for no apparent reason. It has happened on slow turns, and almost sounds like ABS except maybe not as loud. Additionally it happened today and it’s a dry 80 degrees where I am, no traction loss.
2. 5 times a week, ’ll drive to the bus stop (parking lot) about half a mile away (so vehicle is still kinda of cold usually). When I get there I will sometimes reverse into a spot. Occasionally the shift into reverse is really harsh and with a lot of
Momentum. If I switch back into drive it will also happen again. It will continue to happen no matter how many times I switch into reverse/drive, until I restart the engine. However, this was more prominent when I had less miles. It seems to happen less and less now.
In general, the shifts seem a little tougher than I expected. My wife’s 2004 pt cruiser and my previous 2014 Camry seem to shift nicer than this truck. I have just assumed up until recently that it was just being broke in, but I’m almost at 12k miles now.
3. There is a very small chirp/squeak, that comes from the rear whenever I de-accelerate. This happens regardless if i coast or use the breaks. It is only noticed during slower city/neighborhood like driving. I can’t quite pinpoint the noise.

Any responses/comments are appreciated!
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I've not had any of those issues, but you can find your exact build date by looking at your door sticker:

upload_2019-10-22_16-38-4.png

OP
OP

Skylais

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I've not had any of those issues, but you can find your exact build date by looking at your door sticker:

upload_2019-10-22_16-38-4.png
Wow thanks! Feb. 7, looks like it’s in scope for the TSB. That might explain the strange shift issues I’ve had when it’s cold.

brokenfib

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger (Lariat FX4), 2001 Ford Ranger (Edge 4x4), 2012 Subaru Outback
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Skylais

First Name