Multiple "fault" issues

Duptj

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat/FX4 with appearance package, 2019 Edge Titanium
Just before the new year when starting the truck I received the following messages in the left hand display....
Terrain management fault, fault in advance trac, fault in abs system, park aid malfunction, hill start assist warning,
pre-collision not available and there may be others I missed.
After clearing those out I was left with the ABS and TCS light on in the dash.
Restarting the truck several times seemed to clear the issue on that day but in the following days it was hit or miss on when it would happen.
When this happens I am unable to switch from 2WD to 4WD or vice versa. Also the auto stop start didn't function.
Other than that the truck appeared to run fine and drive fine.
Dropped the truck at dealers on 1/6 and received call yesterday that it was fixed. When I picked it up it was doing the same thing....
if it helps the notes on work order state the following...

"retrieve dtc c0034-25 ppt b1=n, b2=y, b3 inspect abs module harness and connector for pin issue access module, inspect right front sensor harness and connector c160 resize pins reinstall all connectors and road test no light returned"

Guess they forgot that it happens when starting and a road test wouldn't tell them anything.
Service advisor seemed surprised that there still was an issue. After he went back to speak with the technician my truck went from being fixed to the part needed for repair was going to be in sometime next week and to just drive it like it was.
You see, when I dropped of the truck they had no rental for me so they called Enterprise. I was given a 2019 Expedition Limited to drive. When I refused to take the truck not repaired, the wouldn't let me take the Expedition back and instead put my in one of their vehicles, a 2018 Eco Sport piece of junk. So I guess the lie that my truck was fixed was simply to get me out of the Enterprise rental.

Anyways, the part that I was told I needed is some sort of ABS sensor. They said this would fix all my problems.
I have no confidence in that statement.... anyone have similar problems.

Sorry for the long first post and thanks for the add.
Sponsored

4X4 GGG

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I had a similar issue with my ecoboost escape. I started getting warning lights for the hill assist and abs when I started the car. Took it in to Ford and they told me one of the cells in the battery was dead so when I started the car it shut off some of the non essential systems to preserve energy. Replaced the battery and the issues stopped. Probably not the same issue but it is a possibility.

TommyAtomic

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I had a similar issue with my ecoboost escape. I started getting warning lights for the hill assist and abs when I started the car. Took it in to Ford and they told me one of the cells in the battery was dead so when I started the car it shut off some of the non essential systems to preserve energy. Replaced the battery and the issues stopped. Probably not the same issue but it is a possibility.
That is VERY interesting. So in your ecoboost escape the system detected an undervoltage condition on engine start and disabled systems? What year was the ecoboost escape ?

4X4 GGG

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
That is VERY interesting. So in your ecoboost escape the system detected an undervoltage condition on engine start and disabled systems? What year was the ecoboost escape ?
It was a 2016 2.0 ecoboost. There might be more to it than that but that is how it was explained to me by the mechanic.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
a few people have reported oddball problems that were fixed by making sure certain connectors were tight. it sounds like that's what the dealer did, so it's not unreasonable for them to see if that fixed the problem, since they couldn't duplicate it on demand.

OP
OP

Duptj

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went years without having to change a battery and I had to replace one in my 2013 Escape Titanium in less than the three years. It was interesting having to remove the wiper arms to do it...

I was not receiving any charging faults or noticeable low voltage issues in the Ranger. In your Escape did you get any indication from the car that there was a voltage issue, or only from the repair facility after it was fixed?

OP
OP

Duptj

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few people have reported oddball problems that were fixed by making sure certain connectors were tight. it sounds like that's what the dealer did, so it's not unreasonable for them to see if that fixed the problem, since they couldn't duplicate it on demand.
In scrolling through these forums for the past couple of months I did notice a lot of comments do to connector issues. I also have seem many post in regards to poor service from dealers. When it first happened my initial thoughts were a loose or failing connector or a computer issue.

Like most people I posted with the hope that someone had a similar problem that was fixed.

My issues with the dealer are twofold..... first , they did not listen to what I was telling them. They were told repeatedly that there was no drivability issue and the faults appeared at start up. Once acknowledging the faults by hitting OK on the wheel they went away, leaving the ABS and traction lights on. The truck would run fine, but for the fact I was unable to engage 4WD. In a customer service industry you need to listen to what the customer is saying. They could have easily duplicated the issue by starting the truck once or twice.
Secondly he plain out lied to me. There is no other explanation to him calling me to tell me my truck is fixed, and then telling me the part to fix it will be in next week, after being made aware the faults are still showing.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The best thing I find is tell the rep and ask to speak to the mechanic. I actually typed up a list and handed it to them. No excuse for giving incomplete info to the mechanic. Might just be simple error that a story, like gossip, never gets to the last person where it is either incomplete or bolstered out of bs.

I have to go back and get a written report because I got the truck back at closing and it wasn't entered in yet. But I want to see exactly what the mechanic wrote back.

Here is what I told them to check...

2543 + miles

- Check Recall Harness issue.
- Check for leak behind the mirror cluster on top of windshield. Does not happen often, but when it does, it drips down middle of windshield and finds its way to both sides of pillar hand grips.
- Install Ford Cargo Bed lights provided. Will leave in back seat.
- A few weeks ago, going to gas station to fuel up. Pulled through lane, whole truck went nuts. All warnings on dash came up, couldn’t start it, brake remained up. After a few choice curse words, I waited a minute and it started normally.

Maybe run diagnostics for all codes. No check engine light remained on. But every warning was on for those several seconds.

---------------
What a brief email report said that was sent to me:
  • RECALL
  • DRIVEABILITY CONCERN
  • ACCESSORIES
  • WATER LEAK
PERFORM MULTI-POINT

Not very informative.

- They could not find any windshield leak. Figured that, because I could not recreate it but it happened 3 times.
- Driveability concern was about when all lights came on and locked down the truck. Rep figured recall was part of problem.
- I had them install the ford bed lights. I had a switch in there that had nothing to do with them and it confused the hell out of the 2 guys wiring them. They also didn't realize you could not just tap them like a chicken, but hold a sec. I went back there and solved an hour of humming and hawing with a wave of my hand. lmao...
- Recall was ever mentioned that they did or didn't find an issue.

I will try find out today when i go back for a hard copy.
They are good people there but over the years, like I said, things get lost in the verbal instructions. You have to be persistant to get your point across.

4X4 GGG

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Went years without having to change a battery and I had to replace one in my 2013 Escape Titanium in less than the three years. It was interesting having to remove the wiper arms to do it...

I was not receiving any charging faults or noticeable low voltage issues in the Ranger. In your Escape did you get any indication from the car that there was a voltage issue, or only from the repair facility after it was fixed?
I did not get any sort of battery warning lights or indication, the only thing I noticed battery related was that it occasionally wouldn't start the engine the first time I tried. Other than that I had no indication it was a battery issue.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Had my first electronic glitch today. Sitting at red light in sport mode, on wet/icy road, parking sensor starts flashing on screen and vehicle shuts off. At top of screen, "Sirius update complete" pops up. Had to put vehicle in park and restart with no problems since. Good thing light was still red.

Can't imagine the process of an update would shut off vehicle.:lipssealed:

OP
OP

Duptj

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So after a week and a half without my truck and several days of the part not showing up I asked the dealer for the part number they are waiting for.
They claim this is causing all the problems and they are just waiting for it to show up......... Front Speed Sensor - Ford (KB3Z-2C204-A)

Called customer relations and waiting on a call back.

Michael360wa

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
AMT
Vehicle Showcase
Just before the new year when starting the truck I received the following messages in the left hand display....
Terrain management fault, fault in advance trac, fault in abs system, park aid malfunction, hill start assist warning,
pre-collision not available and there may be others I missed.
After clearing those out I was left with the ABS and TCS light on in the dash.
Restarting the truck several times seemed to clear the issue on that day but in the following days it was hit or miss on when it would happen.
When this happens I am unable to switch from 2WD to 4WD or vice versa. Also the auto stop start didn't function.
Other than that the truck appeared to run fine and drive fine.
Dropped the truck at dealers on 1/6 and received call yesterday that it was fixed. When I picked it up it was doing the same thing....
if it helps the notes on work order state the following...

"retrieve dtc c0034-25 ppt b1=n, b2=y, b3 inspect abs module harness and connector for pin issue access module, inspect right front sensor harness and connector c160 resize pins reinstall all connectors and road test no light returned"

Guess they forgot that it happens when starting and a road test wouldn't tell them anything.
Service advisor seemed surprised that there still was an issue. After he went back to speak with the technician my truck went from being fixed to the part needed for repair was going to be in sometime next week and to just drive it like it was.
You see, when I dropped of the truck they had no rental for me so they called Enterprise. I was given a 2019 Expedition Limited to drive. When I refused to take the truck not repaired, the wouldn't let me take the Expedition back and instead put my in one of their vehicles, a 2018 Eco Sport piece of junk. So I guess the lie that my truck was fixed was simply to get me out of the Enterprise rental.

Anyways, the part that I was told I needed is some sort of ABS sensor. They said this would fix all my problems.
I have no confidence in that statement.... anyone have similar problems.

Sorry for the long first post and thanks for the add.
I am having the same issue. I have a service appointment setup for next week.

Jrom20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
So after a week and a half without my truck and several days of the part not showing up I asked the dealer for the part number they are waiting for.
They claim this is causing all the problems and they are just waiting for it to show up......... Front Speed Sensor - Ford (KB3Z-2C204-A)

Called customer relations and waiting on a call back.
Did that Speed sensor change fix the issue with all warnings. I'm having the same problem...

Tremor21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 21 Explorer, 21 Bronco Sport
Just got my Tremor 3 weeks ago and having the same problems you guys reported. This has been random, but 4 times in 3 weeks (approx. 600 miles of driving) when I've made a left turn, the ABS light comes on, and all the other nannies pop up on the dash, e.g., fault in ABS system, terrain management fault, fault in advance trac, park aid malfunction, hill start assist warning, etc. etc. etc. If I turn off the engine, wait a minute and restart it will go away. Were you guys able to get this fixed and if so, what was the issue? Some kind of fault with the ABS or wheel sensor? Thanks.