First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 STX Ranger, '07 XL Regular Cab 5spd Ranger,
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Just got my Tremor 3 weeks ago and having the same problems you guys reported. This has been random, but 4 times in 3 weeks (approx. 600 miles of driving) when I've made a left turn, the ABS light comes on, and all the other nannies pop up on the dash, e.g., fault in ABS system, terrain management fault, fault in advance trac, park aid malfunction, hill start assist warning, etc. etc. etc. If I turn off the engine, wait a minute and restart it will go away. Were you guys able to get this fixed and if so, what was the issue? Some kind of fault with the ABS or wheel sensor? Thanks.
Why do people post a problem but not the outcome?
I was just wondering the same thing... I'm having a similar issue. The dash lights for no ABS, Advancetrac, hill start, or pre collision. My cruise control and auto start stop don't work either.

I took mine to the dealer last week and long story short, they have no clue what's going on. They said everything looked fine (no shit) and that they'd have to plug it in to diagnose it and get on the phone with some Ford tech assistance line? The tech said he had a feeling that the front passenger ABS sensor may have failed and that he's seen this happen before... service writer told me that part is backordered a few months. Either way I took the truck back the same day and I'm going to drop it back off this week so they can keep it longer and figure it out.
Sponsored

onespeeed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
RN
Just got my Tremor 3 weeks ago and having the same problems you guys reported. This has been random, but 4 times in 3 weeks (approx. 600 miles of driving) when I've made a left turn, the ABS light comes on, and all the other nannies pop up on the dash, e.g., fault in ABS system, terrain management fault, fault in advance trac, park aid malfunction, hill start assist warning, etc. etc. etc. If I turn off the engine, wait a minute and restart it will go away. Were you guys able to get this fixed and if so, what was the issue? Some kind of fault with the ABS or wheel sensor? Thanks.
Mine started at 50 miles (2021 Tremor). Exactly the same, make a left hand 90 degree turn and it starts all over again. Appointment tomorrow.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Since I bought the truck I would randomly get all sorts of warnings like that while driving mainly. Then manually go into the menu and re- enable stuff. Doesn't happen as often now 2 years later.

Tremor21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 21 Explorer, 21 Bronco Sport
Thanks for the info guys. I have a feeling it's a bad sensor. Looks like we'll have to live with it for a few months until the parts are available, which sucks but suppose could be worse issues to have. Otherwise the truck is fantastic! I can reproduce the fault on command now, but if I take a slow, wide left turn, I can avoid it. I will take mine in this week for a look and report back as well.

onespeeed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
RN
Just picked up from the dealer and it was a misaligned left rear speed sensor. The Service Tech did say there is a bulletin out on the issue. Basically they removed it and reinstalled in the correct position. I drove it 15 miles home and no issues at all!

Tremor21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 21 Explorer, 21 Bronco Sport
Update: The dealer has to to order a new rear ABS/Wheel speed sensor and said they will see if they "can position it correctly." Hopefully it's just a faulty sensor and not something bigger.

@Onespeed, is your issue still resolved?

onespeeed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
RN
Update: The dealer has to to order a new rear ABS/Wheel speed sensor and said they will see if they "can position it correctly." Hopefully it's just a faulty sensor and not something bigger.

@Onespeed, is your issue still resolved?
Yes. All good here so far. I hope you get fixed up!

brohammer619

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020XLT Ranger
Just to refresh an old post -- I just had this problem once while driving in the snow in Utah a few weeks ago. I started sliding after a hard left turn, I hit a small snow embankment, and once I came to a stop, I got all these same fault codes pop up. I drove it to a parking lot and turned off the truck, and after a few minutes turned it back on -- all errors went away.

Seems like it's a sensor issue? Sometime must have been dislodged, but this is super weird because this wasn't even a bad "offroading" situation, but a small slide made the entire truck freak out. Doesn't give me much confidence taking it off into trails.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Just before the new year when starting the truck I received the following messages in the left hand display....
Terrain management fault, fault in advance trac, fault in abs system, park aid malfunction, hill start assist warning,
pre-collision not available and there may be others I missed.
After clearing those out I was left with the ABS and TCS light on in the dash.
Restarting the truck several times seemed to clear the issue on that day but in the following days it was hit or miss on when it would happen.
When this happens I am unable to switch from 2WD to 4WD or vice versa. Also the auto stop start didn't function.
Other than that the truck appeared to run fine and drive fine.
Dropped the truck at dealers on 1/6 and received call yesterday that it was fixed. When I picked it up it was doing the same thing....
if it helps the notes on work order state the following...

"retrieve dtc c0034-25 ppt b1=n, b2=y, b3 inspect abs module harness and connector for pin issue access module, inspect right front sensor harness and connector c160 resize pins reinstall all connectors and road test no light returned"

Guess they forgot that it happens when starting and a road test wouldn't tell them anything.
Service advisor seemed surprised that there still was an issue. After he went back to speak with the technician my truck went from being fixed to the part needed for repair was going to be in sometime next week and to just drive it like it was.
You see, when I dropped of the truck they had no rental for me so they called Enterprise. I was given a 2019 Expedition Limited to drive. When I refused to take the truck not repaired, the wouldn't let me take the Expedition back and instead put my in one of their vehicles, a 2018 Eco Sport piece of junk. So I guess the lie that my truck was fixed was simply to get me out of the Enterprise rental.

Anyways, the part that I was told I needed is some sort of ABS sensor. They said this would fix all my problems.
I have no confidence in that statement.... anyone have similar problems.

Sorry for the long first post and thanks for the add.
This happened to me once when I had a puncture in one of my 285s...I pulled that tire off and mounted one of my factory 265 in place to get to a repair shop a few miles away and all these faults came on...needless to say, I won't be running mismatched tires again...
Sponsored