MPG During Our Road Trip

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I had my best tank so far last week. Had to do some primarily interstate travel running with the flow of traffic. Probably a 80% highway and 20% city trip. After 300 miles, the trip meter said 24.8 and manually calculated at fill up it was 23.7. Not bad for the Tremor pkg.

My gut feel is that if one were to not travel with traffic and stay in the slow lane, 25 or 26 is possible.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you still have the gas receipts, how close is the dash compared to the hand calculation?
I input everything into the Fuelly app. Most were dead on with the dash but there were a few that were off by a few 10ths. I did the fuel calculator adjustment after putting on larger tires so it's about as accurate as I can get it.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had my best tank so far last week. Had to do some primarily interstate travel running with the flow of traffic. Probably a 80% highway and 20% city trip. After 300 miles, the trip meter said 24.8 and manually calculated at fill up it was 23.7. Not bad for the Tremor pkg.

My gut feel is that if one were to not travel with traffic and stay in the slow lane, 25 or 26 is possible.
That's really good with the Tremor pkg. Usually going slower always equates to better mpg but my best one I was actually averaging 80+ that tank. I thought for sure when I added it to the Fuelly app it was going to be much lower but it wasn't. IIRC we were going through CO and there were a lot of elevation changes too. Once we were back in UT and had the ac going and a lot more hills it went back down. Now being back home I'll be back to mostly city driving and a small amount (25%) of highway with my normal routine. Even with that I'll still average 22-23 which isn't all that bad.

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
I tip my hat to you. On my 4500 mile Dakotas trek I averaged 24mpg. I cut complain though considering I was rarely under 75mph between destinations lol. Those long straight 2 lanes are awful easy to make good time on compared to these Ole WV mountain roads.

Hope your trip was as awesome as mine!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I tip my hat to you. On my 4500 mile Dakotas trek I averaged 24mpg. I cut complain though considering I was rarely under 75mph between destinations lol. Those long straight 2 lanes are awful easy to make good time on compared to these Ole WV mountain roads.

Hope your trip was as awesome as mine!
Mike, Sounds like we both had very similar results. Even our mileage and speeds were very close and you're right, it's hard to go slow on the long straight roads out there.

We had a great time and sounds like you did too. :like: Who knows maybe we'll cross paths next year, I'm already starting to plan that trip now. lol

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Mike, Sounds like we both had very similar results. Even our mileage and speeds were very close and you're right, it's hard to go slow on the long straight roads out there.

We had a great time and sounds like you did too. :like: Who knows maybe we'll cross paths next year, I'm already starting to plan that trip now. lol
Lol glad your trip was great. I think we are heading to North East next summer (it's her year to pick). I too am starting to plan lol. In 2 years I think I'll pick Montana.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Lol glad your trip was great. I think we are heading to North East next summer (it's her year to pick). I too am starting to plan lol.

In 2 years I think I'll pick Montana.
That's what we're planning on for next year. We're hoping to do the Grand Tetons, then to Yellowstone, then up to Glacier NP and we loved South Dakota so much we might just head back over there after Glacier.

I lived in the N'east for just over 50 years and there are some nice areas to see out that way. Especially up in the mountains in NH & ME.

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
That's what we're planning on for next year. We're hoping to do the Grand Tetons, then to Yellowstone, then up to Glacier NP and we loved South Dakota so much we might just head back over there after Glacier.

I lived in the N'east for just over 50 years and there are some nice areas to see out that way. Especially up in the mountains in NH & ME.
Glacier is awesome I was there when I was a kid. The dakotas were beautiful, I would love to go back through the black hills again.

We are looking at Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire. Lots of history so plenty too look at! With today's society I tend to stray away from bigger cities due to violence.

9nly bad thing about these trips is wearing out my truck quicker lol

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Glacier is awesome I was there when I was a kid. The dakotas were beautiful, I would love to go back through the black hills again.

We are looking at Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire. Lots of history so plenty too look at! With today's society I tend to stray away from bigger cities due to violence.

9nly bad thing about these trips is wearing out my truck quicker lol
I grew up in MA and there's a ton of history in Boston. If you like seafood there's nothing better than Maine Lobstah! lol That's about the only thing that will get me back east is the seafood and good Italian food from a real mom & pop restaurant.

I put on almost a years worth of miles on this trip. I'm really hoping my Bronco comes in by then so I can take that and rest my Ranger. Plus there won't be as much extra room in a 2dr Bronco so Annie won't be able to buy everything in sight. lol

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
I grew up in MA and there's a ton of history in Boston. If you like seafood there's nothing better than Maine Lobstah! lol That's about the only thing that will get me back east is the seafood and good Italian food from a real mom & pop restaurant.

I put on almost a years worth of miles on this trip. I'm really hoping my Bronco comes in by then so I can take that and rest my Ranger. Plus there won't be as much extra room in a 2dr Bronco so Annie won't be able to buy everything in sight. lol
Lol I like the room. I can take my roll away bed and camp out. My body don't like sleeping on the ground anymore. If I didn't need a truck so bad I'd have a bronco. I absolutely love them. My first ever vehicle was an 87 Bronco II with a 2.9 v6, 3 inch suspension lift, and a set of 30's That bad boy was pushing a goof 150 hp lol. My ranger would eat it alive!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Lol I like the room. I can take my roll away bed and camp out. My body don't like sleeping on the ground anymore. If I didn't need a truck so bad I'd have a bronco. I absolutely love them. My first ever vehicle was an 87 Bronco II with a 2.9 v6, 3 inch suspension lift, and a set of 30's That bad boy was pushing a goof 150 hp lol. My ranger would eat it alive!
No sleeping on the ground for either of us either. The way my Ranger was packed I doubt I could take the Bronco. It's hard to pack for a month and take the necessary tools along without taking the truck.

With the new Ranger Raptor coming out if I don't get my Bronco next year I'll be looking hard at trying to get one.

We had just about every inch packed. lol o_O

IMG_7542.jpg

IMG_7543.jpg

IMG_7541.jpg

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Man. I have LT265/70R17 tires and the Ford Performance tune, and around town i get 15 mpg and on a recent 700 mile road trip was lucky to get 20. My truck has always been low on MPG. I don't drive it TOO crazy, but it pains me why it's so much lower than everyone else.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Man. I have LT265/70R17 tires and the Ford Performance tune, and around town i get 15 mpg and on a recent 700 mile road trip was lucky to get 20. My truck has always been low on MPG. I don't drive it TOO crazy, but it pains me why it's so much lower than everyone else.
Wow Ben that is pretty low. I have the same size tires but they're not LT's which weigh more. I also have a Livernois tune and lifted 2.5" so I was surprised to get that good of mileage. It's crazy how some are so different but there's so many variables between everyones driving style.

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Wow Ben that is pretty low. I have the same size tires but they're not LT's which weigh more. I also have a Livernois tune and lifted 2.5" so I was surprised to get that good of mileage. It's crazy how some are so different but there's so many variables between everyones driving style.
Is there a warranty item for crappy MPG? :crying:
Sponsored