Winter tires

• Thread starter Okanagan Winemaker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Okanagan Winemaker

Hi all.....Wondering if anyone is running the Toyo Gsi 5 or Gsi 6 winter tire. Thinking
of the Gsi 6 for this winter.....and wondering if some weight in the box is required?
Comments appreciated......thanks.
Sponsored

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I likely will be getting them, just waiting to hear back from the tire dealer. I had the GSi 5’s on my SUV and they were amazing. I likely will get the GSi 6’s for the Ranger. As I understand it, they are just a newer and slightly better version of the GSi 5’s.

I had them on the SUV for 5 years and barely had any wear on them and I could go up my long steep gravel driveway, like it was summer all winter long.

OP
OP

Okanagan Winemaker

I’ve been told there are phasing our the Gsi 5. The parts manager
at the Honda dealer raves about Gsi6. Thanks for your input.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I can't speak for the Toyo tires but I have ran the Cooper M&S last winter in Colorado. It is a good truck tire and a good winter tire. I also had mine studded just to help make sure I wasnt going sliding(it helped to an extent).

OP
OP

Okanagan Winemaker

had i paid more attention to your profile, and website and location, i would have stopped by and bought some wines while i was traipsing through the kelowna and penticton area in aug/sep.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered the Toyo Observes Si6 and will get them put on, on October 30th with new wheels. I will post some pictures on the 30th.

OP
OP

Okanagan Winemaker

If you don’t mind me asking....what did you pay? I was quoted $ 240 a tire uninstalled.

OP
OP

Okanagan Winemaker

So what are your first impressions on dry pavement....mine go on Friday.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what are your first impressions on dry pavement....mine go on Friday.
I have had them on before on another vehicle. on both the Ranger and the MDX they are great on dry pavement. Temps have been near freezing since I purchased them, so that is in their wheelhouse.

I just realized I did not hear any extra road noise driving with them.

My other set I had for over 5 years before selling them, (they were 19’s and my Ranger is 17) and they still had a ton of tread on them.

They are amazing in the snow and ice. The greatest recommendation I can give is I had my daughter get them as well.
Sponsored

Reactions: EJH