First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
@GTGallop, thank you for the update on your tires. I'm glad to hear taking 4 PSI out of your tires is the sweet spot for you.
Sometimes it's the littlest of things that make a huge difference.

@Discount Tire Later today I will be visiting Discount Tire on Carefree Hwy to get a slow leak repaired (hopefully that's all), or if that turns out badly I may order new tires for my leveled '19 2WD pavement princess.
I'd like a size larger (currently have 255/65/17) to help me fill the wheel well a bit better. Any suggestions for a non-offroad tire with a quiet ride that will fit the bill?
Sponsored

Last edited:

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
@GTGallop, thank you for the update on your tires. I'm glad to hear taking 4 PSI out of your tires is the sweet spot for you.
And to be clear and fair - I'm not faulting DT at all for the 40lbs. I'm sure that is an agreed upon pressure for most applications and and may have been handed to the installer by BFGoodrich as a recommended pressure for safety. If they didn't set it at 40lbs, I was going to ask them to anyway. Always easier to bleed off a few pounds to make it right than it is to drag out the compressor and air them up.

Sometimes it's the littlest of things that make a huge difference.
Absolutely! Fine tuning is always part of the process when you make changes to an established system. So is personal preference. Some people might like the ride at 38lbs. Some may like 33lbs better. But tiny increments get you there. Keep making them.

@Discount Tire Later today I will be visiting Discount Tire on Carefree Hwy to get a slow leak repaired (hopefully that's all), or if that turns out badly I may order new tires for my leveled '19 2WD pavement princess.
I'd like a size larger (currently have 255/65/17) to help me fill the wheel well a bit better. Any suggestions for a non-offroad tire with a quiet ride that will fit the bill?
I have always gone to the Corporate Location on Scottsdale north of the 101. That shop is PRIMO SWEET with excellent customer care and professionalism. And why wouldn't it be - it is next to the corporate world headquarters.

Then one day when we were moving last summer, I had a TPMS light come on while I was under load with a trailer (factory OEM tires) - not the time to say "I'll get to it later." I hit the nav on the dash and found the nearest Discount Tire - It was 3/4 of a mile away on Carefree Highway so I pulled in. I got the same excellent service I do at the Corporate Location on Scottsdale.

Later on when I got these BFG ATKO's that we are talking about in the thread above, I got them at the Anthem location. It was every bit as good if not better than the Corporate Location. I'm starting to see a trend here.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
And to be clear and fair - I'm not faulting DT at all for the 40lbs. I'm sure that is an agreed upon pressure for most applications and and may have been handed to the installer by BFGoodrich as a recommended pressure for safety. If they didn't set it at 40lbs, I was going to ask them to anyway. Always easier to bleed off a few pounds to make it right than it is to drag out the compressor and air them up.

Absolutely! Fine tuning is always part of the process when you make changes to an established system. So is personal preference. Some people might like the ride at 38lbs. Some may like 33lbs better. But tiny increments get you there. Keep making them.

I have always gone to the Corporate Location on Scottsdale north of the 101. That shop is PRIMO SWEET with excellent customer care and professionalism. And why wouldn't it be - it is next to the corporate world headquarters.

Then one day when we were moving last summer, I had a TPMS light come on while I was under load with a trailer (factory OEM tires) - not the time to say "I'll get to it later." I hit the nav on the dash and found the nearest Discount Tire - It was 3/4 of a mile away on Carefree Highway so I pulled in. I got the same excellent service I do at the Corporate Location on Scottsdale.

Later on when I got these BFG ATKO's that we are talking about in the thread above, I got them at the Anthem location. It was every bit as good if not better than the Corporate Location. I'm starting to see a trend here.
Dang! You're just all over the place!

Excellent service again at the Carefee site last night. When these tires start to really go south I'll be buying replacements from that store.

AllenT

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I have the E-rated Falken Wildpeaks in the 265/70/17 size on my rig. I carry a 1200 lb camper and do some off road stuff, where I'll air down. I really wanted the E-rated tires for the extra side wall protection with the weight I carry. I like the tires so far. The ride is fine on the street.
Sponsored