First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Service texh
After finally scheduling service for my ranger . I am starting to get frustrated with another issue it keeps shutting off my blis says I have a trailer connected and then a few seconds later detaches not sure if it matters I don’t even have a hitch to haul anything let alone the tow package

image.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tyler B

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Service texh
are you the original owner?

anything aftermarket tapped into wiring ??

it sounds like a connector problem somewhere back there
Original owner bought last February. Nothing at all all factory stock. I don’t tow anything and have no need to

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
After finally scheduling service for my ranger . I am starting to get frustrated with another issue it keeps shutting off my blis says I have a trailer connected and then a few seconds later detaches not sure if it matters I don’t even have a hitch to haul anything let alone the tow package

image.jpg
You don't happen to have a light bar or anything plugged in to the trailer connector do you? Even without the tow package you have the 4 pin connector. UThis will make the truck think a trailer is plugged in.

OP
OP

Tyler B

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Service texh
You don't happen to have a light bar or anything plugged in to the trailer connector do you? Even without the tow package you have the 4 pin connector. UThis will make the truck think a trailer is plugged in.
Nope nothing back there

1911tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru/2020 Ranger
Check the unused trailer 4-pin connection under the rear bumper...I believe there is a rubber flip up cap to protect the connectors...maybe its off and dust dirt causes it to think there is a trailer? Worth a try? The dealer will most likely re-boot the electrical system/computer.
Sponsored