RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Very excited to have learned through Mule Expedition’s IG page that Mitts Alloy is bringing their products to the United States. If you’ve ever watched 24/7 4WD (formerly known as 4WD Action) you will know that Graham’s D-Max is outfitted with their canopy. I’m encouraged to see this product come to the US market, more importantly, it’s great too see a diversity of options being introduced for the Ranger. The black Ranger is @azventures_australia. Awesome build.

F6BA67DD-388A-4583-93A4-0CA7CEAA9206.jpeg

9376D491-FEA0-4913-AA99-608395763E4B.jpeg
Sponsored

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
I have big lust for a tray.

Those guys' shop (MULE) is like 2 miles from me. They do some really neat work , but they also want to sell you a one handed hatchet for like, $125. Def a love/hate affair with those lads.

OP
OP
RangerVA

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in touch with a dealer for Mitts Alloy. That's the exact tray size and design I sent him to base my quote off. My changes included a dual tire carrier, dual drawer system, and no fridge cage.

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in touch with a dealer for Mitts Alloy. That's the exact tray size and design I sent him to base my quote off. My changes included a dual tire carrier, dual drawer system, and no fridge cage.
No way. You're ahead of me but we are on the same path. Keep me/us posted.

jon_snow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Tundra, 1998 Tacoma, 1981 Hilux
Occupation
Sales/Wholesale Mule Expedition Outfitters
To be fair, we offer $125 hatchets, whether you buy one is up to you ;)

We are very excited to offer the MITS trays and canopies at Mule Expedition Outfitters, and will be working with some great shops across the US to sell and install the products. More info to come!

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair, we offer $125 hatchets, whether you buy one is up to you ;)

We are very excited to offer the MITS trays and canopies at Mule Expedition Outfitters, and will be working with some great shops across the US to sell and install the products. More info to come!
Haha! Touche

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
As interesting as it is I myself would still prefer the PCOR Tray and Canopy setup. I feel they did a better job overall. To each their own you could say but that is my input.

Noface

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Nerd
As interesting as it is I myself would still prefer the PCOR Tray and Canopy setup. I feel they did a better job overall. To each their own you could say but that is my input.
Better job overall? What criteria makes up your overall statement? I like the design of the upper cab section on the PCOR more as it seems to flow with the truck more and will likely reduce drag and therefore not impact MPG as much. Not sure that wins it the overall de

I’m not opposed to your statement but considering the cost of these trays has anyone put together stats comparing the two?

Are they made out of similar material?
Do they weigh Roughly the same?
Are they rated for the same static capacity
Does the Mitts integrate with the trucks locking / alarm setup?
Does the Mitts have an integrated water or fuel setup?
Are the compartment rails or shocks equal?

I’m actually surprised no one has made a tray / topper / drawer setup out of something like high density polyethylene like the “Decked” product.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Better job overall? What criteria makes up your overall statement? I like the design of the upper cab section on the PCOR more as it seems to flow with the truck more and will likely reduce drag and therefore not impact MPG as much. Not sure that wins it the overall de

I’m not opposed to your statement but considering the cost of these trays has anyone put together stats comparing the two?

Are they made out of similar material?
Do they weigh Roughly the same?
Are they rated for the same static capacity
Does the Mitts integrate with the trucks locking / alarm setup?
Does the Mitts have an integrated water or fuel setup?
Are the compartment rails or shocks equal?

I’m actually surprised no one has made a tray / topper / drawer setup out of something like high density polyethylene like the “Decked” product.
What I like about the peak or pray more is the fact that it actually flows with the vehicle and each one is custom made for each vehicle. It doesn't look like some random Universal flatbed of sorts. Another thing to is the peak or already comes with a built-in 18 gallon water tank. It's not an additional option think it's tacked onto the price. Perhaps that will be enough for you?
Sponsored